Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Sunday, October 19, 2014

LITTLE BLESSINGS!!

Post from Mom:

It really is the simple and small blessings that mean the most!  I have been thinking about Jordan a lot this week!  Her first week in this beautiful foreign country she will call home for the next 17 months.  She is away from home, no family, not familiar with the culture or the people.  I know she arrived safely, but have not yet heard from her or what city she would be serving in!  Needless to say, I am super excited to hear from her this week and see how she is doing! Today was awesome!!  I love that our Heavenly Father knows what we need and when we least expect it, he reminds us that he is always here for us! 

Today I received a text message from cute Brooke, who lives just a few miles from me and attends the same church I do.  The text message said,

"My aunt, who lives in Norway now, just emailed me and said Jordan is in her ward!  She said she has a great trainer and is doing wonderful!"

TALK ABOUT MAKING MY DAY!!!  It was just what I needed to hear!  Of course my first question was... "Where does she live?"

STAVANGER!!!  Jordan is in Stavanger!!!

I am so excited she is serving there!  I don't know much about it, other than it is BEAUTIFUL!! We were able to talk to a lady that lives there before Jordan's mission.  This sweet lady lived in the same town and went to church with Rick's parents.  So I am hoping Jordan will be able to see her as well.

So a little info about STAVANGER!!

·         The city is the third largest in Norway! 

·         There is a lot of history in this city

·         Today, Stavanger is considered the center of the oil industry in Norway and is one of Europe's energy capitals and is often called the oil capital.
 
·         A popular place tourists like to visit is Preikestolen (also known as pulpit rock) – I surely hope if Jordan goes to visit – she stays far far away from the edge!!!

·         Another place is Kjeragbolten. 

·         Along the coast there are also beaches

·         Stavanger has become a popular port for cruise ships

Can’t wait to hear Jordan’s perspective while she is in this area and see what wonderful experiences she has!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment