Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Monday, November 30, 2015

GOD MAD ER DET BESTE MAT

A mission is a roller-coaster folks.... you will have great weeks and then not so great weeks, but it keeps you on your toes, that is for sure!!

Mandag:
100 days left....

Visited a new convert family, from Nepal (Hem and Shanti) At the end of the lesson the little boy was going to say the prayer and he came and sat by me. We bowed our head and got ready to pray and it was way quiet. I opened my eyes and the mom asked me to help him say the prayer!! It was the cutest thing ever!! I am so grateful that I was able to do that!!! It was a little weird telling a little boy a prayer to say in Norwegian, but AWESOME!

So contacting on a Monday night isn't the best...However I have come to learn that when you do the things you don't want to do, the Lord blesses you! Sister Allen and I were honestly not looking forward to contacting, however the Lord always comes through and it was a blast and we talked to so many nice people!!!

Tirsdag:
Hit the double digits countdown of days....

So I was going through my phone texting people to see if they were interested to meet and one girl named Sunniva texted back and was so cute! So Sister Allen and I go and she has her roommate there who is so cute and their apartment is so koselig. We get to talking and come to find out they are JW's...... They were super nice and interested in what we believe and why. The gift of tongues is real. I have no idea how I answered some of their questions, but words came out!

Onsdag:
The STL's Sister Boud and Sister Wood came!! Those two are awesome!! It was so much fun!!! We contacted, sang at the nursing home, visited Elin and Kenneth, then we split up and Sister Boud and I went to help a member who is moving with other members in the ward pack up their moving van.... Dang that was a giant van and a lot of stuff! I am so grateful that people came out to help! It was way fun to be able to serve and work with members of the ward



**Funny thing about singing at the nursing home... they totally announced us and said we were from Amerika and would be singing... without telling us.... so the first time we went we went by memory and that was hilarious! It was just me, Allen, Miller, and Rasband and we sang in English and didn't know all the words.... it was awful.... So this time we came prepared and brought Christmas music to sing in Norwegian and it was way better!! Until we tried to sing this one song and in the middle of it we all started laughing cause we couldn't hit the notes so we stopped and sang a different song...

Torsdag:
Visited Bestamor and Bestafar! We took Bestamor to visit her husband and oh my gosh it was the cutest thing ever!! Sister Allen and I teared up!! Seriously I hope my spouse and I are like that! They are so cute and so happy and so in love! When we rolled her in he got the biggest smile on his face and she just sweetly rubbed his cheek

Veronica a girl we met with once before came to Institute!! She is so cute and wants to come back when she can get off work!!

Fredag:
We had our own little missionary Thanksgiving feast. Sister Allen and I made sweet potatoes and dang they were good!!! However huge props to my mom and grandma's for making the Thanksgiving food! I don't know how you do it! It took us like 2 almost 3 hours to make this and that was only one food item!!


 
Practied for the talent show and Sister Allen and I had a great time practicing our dancing skills hahaha

Contacted in the pouring rain and Sister Allen and I looked like wet dogs... however we met the cutest Romanian lady who said we can give her a Book of Mormon sometime this week!! Her name is Alexandria!

Lørdag:
We had a Ward Thanksgiving party and Talent Show!! It was so awesome and so many people came!! The food was so great and the Talent Show was funny! The missionaries did something and we made up our own missionary parody to let it snow and jingle bells and the Elders sang while Sister Allen and I danced


The city lit all the Christmas lights in the town!! It was cute and they had Cinderella do it and did like a little play as they did it!




Søndag:
In town, they lit the HUGE Christmas tree!! So many people were there and it was so cute!! They sang songs and someone was doing sign language!! Then we all held hands around the church and sang and danced!! Sister Allen and I saw the Rappleyes, so we joined them (: I felt like I was in the Grinch!!
Contacting on a Sunday night is not the best thing in the world.... the streets were completely deserted! After having little success we were heading back home and we stopped this cute girl named Carolina AND she was interested!!! We got her number and are hoping to meet with her soon!! God is good!

(I don't know if you remember me talking about a guy in Tromsø named Chilonda? But I was told he went to church!! After like 3 years!! YAYY!!!)

We have recently lost basically all of our investigators... so that is a total bummer, but I know that God gives us challenges to strengthen us and after the trial of our faith comes the blessings!

Jordan's Tidbits:
-Funny story of the week...... So in studies one day this week I got pretty emotional and started crying because it hit me that I don't have that much longer to be a missionary. To me if feels like I have all the time in the world, but the clock says otherwise.... Anyways during studies I didn't want Sister Allen to know I was crying so I was trying to be really quiet haha. Then in companionship study I go *Dang... I got real sappy in studies today.... Sister Allen goes *OH MY GOSH YOU WERE CRYING!?!? and I said yes..... She goes *I could hear you sniffling, but I just thought you had a runny nose so I kept thinking to myself gosh just go blow your nose already!!* hahahahah good times good times.......

- Norwegians know how to get into the Christmas spirit that is for sure!! However the way they wrap their lights around the trees is very different from how we do it in America. They do it vertical and just string them down, they don't wrap it around the tree.

-Julebrus is a yummy drink!
Åndelig Tanker:
- "When adversity comes, don't let something you don't fully understand unravel everything you do know." - Elder Kevin Pearson

I really liked that thought, since we all let fear and doubt creep in during our weak moments.  Be strong, and rely on the strength of what you know to pull you through those times of uncertainty. With everything going on in the world today we need to remember that even though the laws of the land change and the world's standards and views on things, GOD'S LAWS AND STANDARDS WILL NEVER CHANGE! God does not change His standards and law's to fit the worlds. With everything going on in the world today, it is so sad to see how many members of the church are leaving because of changes in church policy and due to the church not changing its standards to fit the worlds. This is Jesus Christ's church, not the church of man. The church is changing and reinforcing policies to make sure that God's way stays the same.

Mormon chapter 9 verse 9,10, and 19.
9 For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing? 10 And now, if ye have imagined up unto yourselves a god who doth vary, and in whom there is shadow of changing, then have ye imagined up unto yourselves a god who is not a God of miracles. 19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.

*I made the decision long ago to believe that the prophet and his counselors, and the apostles, are indeed *special witnesses for Christ.* Heavenly Father and His son know the *big picture* and we just have to have the faith to follow. Oh, we can sort things out in our minds, and ask questions- but bottom line - we stick with faith! For those of us who have the confirmation that this is the Church of Jesus Christ, any matter such as a *new* church policy should be clear. If you sustain Thomas S Monson as the prophet of God, then changes shouldn't be a problem. That is the reason we have a prophet. He is God's mouthpiece and he is there to guide us in today's constantly changing world. If you have a hard time with changes, stick to faith and remember it is coming from God. Don't let Satan get the best of you and have you dig up in doubt what you planted in faith!

Sister Allen, Rupa, ME!
                                                             Cutest baby photo bomb!
xoxoxoxo
Søster Jordan Peterson

As I am typing this we looked out the window and it is A BLIZZARD!!! So much for the snow being gone and melted......

CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE:  A SAVIOR IS BORN!!
https://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HP_SU_11-29-2015_dMIS_fSPC_xLIDyL1-A_


No comments:

Post a Comment