Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Monday, November 16, 2015

VELKOMMEN VINTER

So I spoke too soon about it not being too cold..... Jack Frost definitely came to town this week.... No snow yet, but it sure is getting cold!! I have high hopes that this winter will not be so bad because it is mid-November and no snow yet! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I felt like we had a busy week this week, but I don't have too much to say

Mandag:
Our awesome Mission President and his wife called Sister Allen and I to tell us they are proud of us and to keep up the great work!! Seriously I love them!!! It doesn't get much better than that folks!! It meant so much to us that they took the time to do that!!! The little things mean so much more to me now.

We met with Peter and Paul the two French guys! Man do I literally feel spiritually drained after we meet with them! They suck all of my spiritualness out of me! Peter asks great questions and really loves to talk haha

Tirsdag:
Today was literally the worst day ever...... People were just so rude and mean!! We were out for 2 hours and not one person talked to us and we were stopping everyone that we could! Their responses to us weren't the nicest either.... Sister Allen and I decided to take a break and get boller! (That’s when you know it is bad haha)

Sister Allen: “No one cares about the Book of Mormon gosh dang it!!!”
Seriously people don't say no right away!! Give it a try!!

Onsdag:
Today was just like Tirsdag..... Not as bad that we got boller, but the people weren't that nice today either. It must be the cold weather that hit that made everyone in a bad mood....

The good thing about today though was we got to go to the nursing home!!! There is this one lady who likes to hang around Elder Miller and will scoot up behind him in her wheelchair and say *gunt......* hahaha it was so funny to Sister Allen and I, but not so much to Elder Miller.. He got kinda freaked out haha

Torsdag:
We visited Målfrid and her husband. They were so cute and took us to lunch at their nursing home!! Målfird definitely wears the pants and Ivar just follows her around on his walker while she goes in front in her electric wheelchair. They are so cute!!
 We visited Jecon, we got there and he was in the middle of a what looked like call of duty game, so we had to wait till he was done before we could talk to him because he couldn't stop playing.... boys.... When he was done we talked about agency and how we have the agency to choose what we do, but we can't choose our consequences good or bad. Then I told him I was giving a talk at church on Sunday and that he should come! He said probably not..... Then I asked him if we were friends and he said yes and so I said friends support each other and I need your support!! That got him hahah!!!
We visited cute Elin and Kenneth. She made us yummy boller!! She is the best!! I need to get all of her recipes! We had a great discussion on God's plan for us and how it may not be our plan and we also talked about the atonement of Jesus Christ

Fredag:
We visited a member named Wenche Smith. She is our MMK's wife. She is so cute!! She lives out kinda in the country and it was so beautiful!!

Lørdag:
So Sister Allen and I were on the bus and we get on and there is a teddy bear with a sign on it asking to return it to its address. I was like Sister Allen we should do it!! She goes no!!! What if it has drugs in it or like someone is going to kidnap us!? I go but what if it is a family and we can begin to teach them!! I won, so I took the bear and we looked up the address. We were a little confused when we saw that the address was in the center of the city, but we decided to go anyways! We get to the address and oh my gosh.... It is a bunch of college kids with a stand and there where similar bears like ours stacked on a bench. It was like a campaign for kindness! Sister Allen and I were like oh my gosh..... We didn't want to draw attention to ourselves so we snuck over to the bench took the bear out of my backpack and set it down, we were about to turn around and walk away when one of the people saw us and screamed and all of the college kids about 15 of them ran toward us cheering...... They took a picture with us and everything haha. It was pretty fun.
 A cute member named Torunn took us out to lunch at this Thai/Asian place!! It was a buffet and way good!! I ate way too much.....
Sister Allen and I went out to contact and we were about to go our usual route when a certain restaurant came into my head. I thought it was just my mind being weird, but one thing I have learned is that whether you think it is your mind or not, DO IT!!! So last minute I said we need to go this way! Believe it or not we met two awesome people at the spot I saw in my head!! We got both of their numbers and one of them was way positive!! ALWAYS LISTEN AND ACT ON PROMPTINGS!!!! Even if you think they are just you, if it invites to do good, do it!

Søndag:
If you are going to meet with someone or hang out, don't be late!!! At least let them know if you are going to be late! Sister Allen and I were waiting in the cold for 30 minutes for an appointment...... It was not fun!

I got asked to give a talk in church!! Luckily lots of people were out of town in Sweden at the temple, but there was still a good amount of people at church. I was asked to talk about Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy (in Norwegian of course). It was so weird because all week as I was preparing and even before I got up to talk, I wasn't nervous one bit!! As I began to talk, I felt so calm and it was so awesome!!! I think I am finally getting the hang of public speaking haha. It was way awesome to learn more about why we make Sundays different from other days of the week. It is so important that we make sure we make Sunday different, because it is the Lord's Day.

JECON CAME TO CHURCH!!!!! HE CAME!! He missed me talk, but he came!!! It was a miracle!!! Everyone was so nice to him and his mom had the biggest smile on her face! He became good friends with the Elders and now wants to come to Family Home Evening too!! Hallelujah!!!

Sister Allen lost her name tag when we went to visit Wenche and just like when I lost mine she was distraught.... we retraced our steps and couldn't find it anywhere!! We called the office to order her a new one and they are having complications with Norway so we won't be getting new tags till hopefully the spring.... lame! At church as I was sitting up on the stand (we have circle pews and it is way cool) I looked out and saw Sister Allen waving a name tag and she was so excited!! Turns out it had fallen off at Wenche's house. Man was it a happy day for Sister Allen!! When we got home she goes *Well I wrote a RIP journal entry for my name tag for nothing!* hahaha she cracks me up!!
Jordan's Tidbits:
-Our Search for Happiness is the greatest book ever!!! Seriously it isn't that long and I would like to invite everyone to read it!! It will change your life!

-#vennlighetenkommer is the hashtag for the street stand!! I'm not sure if we will be on the instagram or not, but it is worth a shot to look!

- It is always so nice when people compliment Sister Allen and I on our Norwegian! On the street someone asked if we were from Denmark!? Hey I'll take sounding Dansk any day over sounding American!

-We have awesome members....
 Pelle and Betty
Ole
Åndelig Tanker:
- Your world is in your head. Get your head right and your heart will follow, and you will be right!

- To believe that weaknesses and deficiencies in your character are unchangeable is to reject the central truth of the plan of salvation. You are NOT cast into stone. You not only can change, but you DO change ALL THE TIME!

- You are responsible for who you are and who you will become. If you don't like something about yourself, change it! If you want to become better at something, work at it! If you want to strengthen a quality about yourself, do it!! Nothing is impossible!
glad i dere!!! keep warm!!!
ps... Christmas is in 6 weeks!!!!!
xoxo
Søster Jordan Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment