Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Sunday, November 29, 2015

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!
Well I jinxed myself..... The first snow came on Saturday!! Man is Norwegian snow the best though! It is so fluffy! It is very beautiful here with snow! I feel like I am in a snow globe or winter wonderland!

Mandag:
Jecon and his girlfriend came to FHE!!!! Church and FHE man Jecon is on a roll!

Tirsdag:
We visited my Texas friend in the ward Krystle. She isn’t leaving for Texas till January...(so jealous!!) So we went over to visit before she left! Every time I go over there it makes me so excited to have a cute little family! Her boys crack me up! I could watch them for days!

We had an appointment with this guy we met on the street named Øyvind. People like to kebab us a lot, so we didn't have super high hopes, BUT HE CAME!! AND HE WAS NORMAL AND WAY COOL!!!! He took us to a cafe and bought us hot chocolate because we don't drink coffee and we had a hyggelig prat and he was way cool and nice. He has a strong belief in God and was interested to hear what we believed. Not sure when or if we will meet again, but hey planting seeds ya know!

By the way, did I mention it is getting COLD!
Onsdag:
ZONE CONFERENCE!!! Everyone flew down to Trondheim for Zone Conference! I love seeing President and Sister Hill and of course the other missionaries in my zone. It was bittersweet though because I said goodbye to some of my friends that are leaving and said goodbye to some I won't see again before I go home..... Zone Conference was really great though (: Like always I learned a lot!!! I will put some things I learned down in my Åndelig Tanker
                                                                   The Nord Zone!
 The Søster's in our Sweaters!
 Love these girls!
 Brother and Sister Rappleye
 Elder Gingrich (my bud!)
Relief Society had an activity that was way fun! However the bracelet I made already broke.... reason why I am not a fan of arts and crafts haha. It takes me forever and then it breaks....

Torsdag:
We visited Majken and cute Olivia!!

We visited a member with the Rappleyes. His name is Ingebrigt! He gave us so much chocolate!! He is way nice and made an appointment for us to come back. He really loves the Plan of Salvation.

Had institute! Talked about Christ's other sheep that he mentions in the Bible, which is the people in the American Continents that is in the Book of Mormon! So cool to see how these two things support each other.

Fredag:
Went to Elin and Kenneths and had a great talk about the Plan of Salvation. Sister Allen and I drew a picture they could keep. Kenneth stayed and talked again!

We got the best hamburgers ever for dinner from this place called Sesam. It is like a little hole in the wall place, but so good!!
Lørdag:
THE FIRST SNOW CAME!


Bishop had all of the missionaries over for breakfast! It was so nice of him!! It was a way koselig time (: We had the classic Norwegian breakfast; boller, jam, cheese, and meats!

Visited Lars and Evalina (who live in Hell) and HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!!!! hahaha thought that was a funny joke. It is so pretty there with all the snow!

Visted Bestamor and Bestafar and Bestamor gave sister Allen and I knitting needles and yarn!! I am way excited to learn!! That is a way popular thing to do here! She also shared with us some of her yummy blødkakke from her birthday! She is just the cutest thing! When we walk in her door she opens her arms for us to give her a hug and she makes me so happy!!
Søndag:
Went to visit Jecon with Elder Corrigan and Miller. We shared Mosiah 4:9 which says:
“Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.”

I LOVE THIS SCRIPTURE!!!! It gives me great comfort to know that God created the earth for us and we are created from God's image. It also gives me comfort and assurance to know that it is okay if I don't know the answers to everything and there are some things that I will never have the answers to in this life, but God does!

 It went way good and we ate vaffler!! We also played in the snow while waiting for the bus.

BOLD DAY FRIDAY:
So on the way home from the nursing home, I saw two deaf guys signing to each other... after arguing with myself in my head, I sat down next to them and started to sign with them!! We had to get off the bus at the next stop, but I got to talk to them and that was way cool!! I really need to brush up on my signing skills though haha I am a little rusty...

Than we were on our way home from Elin and Kenneth's and a man and his two daughters were sitting in front of us. They were probably 4 and 5. All of a sudden out of the blue they start asking their dad about Jesus!!! Sister Allen and I were dying! That is NOT a normal thing! I kept thinking to myself what are the odds that this happens when we are on the bus with them and right by them! After much contemplation and me trying to ignore the prompting of the Holy Ghost telling me to talk to him, I decided that I was not getting off that bus until we talked to him. Our bus stop came and Sister Allen began to stand up and I pulled her back down and said we aren't getting off until he does. We need to talk to him. After saying at least 100 prayers in my head for Heavenly Father to help me and for us to be able to talk to him, the man finally pressed the button to get off the bus. My heart was pounding out of my chest and I thought I was going to wet my pants I was so nervous and had so much adrenaline going through me. We got off then I walked up to him and told him that I had overheard his conversation and that we were missionaries, etc... He doesn't have a belief in God and wasn’t interested, but he was very nice and took a card!

Bus contacting has been my enemy on my mission..... Here in Norway the buses are so quiet you could hear a needle drop! People don't talk at all and you don't sit by anyone, you sit by yourself or stand..... Sister Allen and I were about to get off and this guy sat by us. As we were getting up I handed him a card and he took it haha. Super sly I think!

I know these things don't sound like that much of a deal, but to me they were!! It is the little things that mean the most!
***Our mission started doing a weekly scripture and has challenged us to use it during the week. It is so crazy to see how often we are able to use them and how we can use it in basically every teach we have no matter what it is on.

Ones we have had so far are:
- 1 Nephi 17:36
- Mosiah 4: 9
- James 1:5

Jordan's Tidbits:
-Whoever said stick and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me....  LIED!!! They must have never had someone say something mean to them!! So we were texting some potentials in our phones to see if they would meet with us and a guy texted back, "go to hell" and it may or may not have made me cry. Which is so dumb and I have no idea why because people are rude and say rude things to us all the time... It must have been a long day.... and so then I texted back and said *I am going there tomorrow actually :)  Do you live there?*  It was a good one. You probably had to be there. (if you remember there is a city named Hell and we actually were going there the next day)

-Ivar og Målfrid. These two.. they kill me. Members of the ward we visit. We went out to lunch with them and someone said hi to Ivar and he says to us, "They know me." hahaha

Åndelig Tanker:
- President Hill: *Do yourself a favor and leave it behind!*
 
- When we set goals in faith and work hard, God will come through!

- Sometimes we are ignorant to God's vision, but when we humble ourselves, we can see ourselves through God's eyes and be able to improve and be better!

- The gospel is simple and man makes it confusing... God is not a God of confusion, but of simplicity. That is why I am so grateful for a living prophet today. To lead and guide us and help us know what is God's will and the right thing to do. Even though laws of the land change, God's laws do not!

***Love this quote from a friend!!!
Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God's approval." (April 2015 Conference)
The truth is the truth and there is no reason to compromise.

Courage becomes a living and an attractive virtue when it is regarded not only as a willingness to die manfully but also as the determination to live decently.

It's easier to die for the gospel than it is to live it throughout our lives.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DERE!!!! I am so thankful for the love and support you all have shown me throughout my mission! I couldn't have done it without you!!! Eat some yummy food for me!!!! (Norway doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, but we will be doing a missionary Thanksgiving and a ward one so that will be fun!)

glad i dere!!!
xoxoxo
Søster Jordan Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment