Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Sunday, December 13, 2015

15 months....... wait what!?

Not a lot of time this week..... so I need to make this quick!!!
So I hit my 15 months this week and dang I have 12 weeks left and not going to lie, I'm not sure how I feel about this..... Bittersweet feelings for sure...... The water works have already started....

Mandag:
My deaf convert in Stavanger had his one year mark from being baptized!!! Casper is so awesome!!! He has impacted my mission and made it all worth it from the beginning!

A very nice member Enoch made the missionaries dinner again!!

We had another appointment with the JW's...... They are very nice and it is interesting to see why they believe what they believe.... It is a way awesome opportunity to share our beliefs and bear our testimony to them as well. Planting seeds for sure!

Tirsdag:
The nursing home was doing a Christmas Program, so Sister Allen and I went over early in the morning to help set up and prepare for it. It turned out way cute!! It was so early in the morning that we had to move studies to later in the day after we were done and wow..... I do not know what I am going to do when I go home and don't have my studies every day!! My whole day was off and I felt weird and was just not a good day!! Never doing that again!!

Elder Rasband bought this thing that used to be a fox for his mom and was wearing it and I put it on and it was kinda gross.... Sister Allen was terrified of it and I threw it at her and she screamed so loud!! It was way funny!
Onsdag:
We visited cute Majken and Olivia. After we visit them I just want to be a cute young married couple with a cute baby!!

Met with Mido and went over the Plan of Salvation. He understood it well for the most part and we were able to clear up questions he had about oppstandelsen (resurrection) and he may be bringing a friend next time so that is way exciting! and we are most likely going to be talking about the law of chastity with him next week... so that will be fun!

Torsdag:
Visited a member named Helena Ørndal. She lives at the same place as Bestamor and Bestafar. She reminds me of my grandmothers. She was so nice and oh my goodness she kept making these cinnamon roll things for Sister Allen and I and wouldn't stop making us eat them. Like literally making us eat them even when we told her we were full, she wouldn't believe us and sent us with chocolate to take home! Her husband died I think it was 3 years ago and she misses him a lot. She even had me start crying while she was talking to us.

Bestamor and Bestafar are doing good! We helped Bestamor with her Christmas tree and decorations and hanging up lights and boy was that a task!

Went to Institute and talked about Joseph Smith and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appearing to him. It was a way powerful and spirit filled lesson. Of course Sister Rappleye made really yummy food as always.

Fredag:
Visited Ingebrigt with the Rappleyes and talked about the Plan of Salvation. He gave us so much chocolate as well!! Seriously you cannot tell a Norwegian no!! They don't listen to you haha

During lunch we stopped by the Nidar chocolate factory and that was cool!! I like Freia chocolate better, but it was cool to peek inside

Went to the nursing home and sang Christmas songs again!

Two of our appointments cancelled today so that was a bummer....

While contacting we met this way cool Norwegian guy who wanted to meet with us!! We were so excited and got an appointment for Søndag.... we couldn't understand his name so we called him red hair guy

Lørdag:
We went to the Rappleyes for lunch and all brought something to contribute because we were surprising Enoch who makes us middag and made him dinner!! Sister Rappleye made a way yummy cashew stir fry!

It was Sister Allen and I's turn to clean the church and that was a nice service that I enjoyed doing. We were pretty proud at how pretty we made the church look haha. It also made me really appreciative that I don't have to clean big buildings on a daily basis.

Søndag:
It was hurricane weather today!! Seriously the rain felt like rocks on our faces and the streets were empty like usual......

I way had to go to the bathroom and I didn't want to go all the way back to the apartment and waste time because we were in the middle of the city... In Norway you usually have to pay to use a public bathroom and it was Sunday so I couldn't do that.... And if you know me I have a small bladder and I was about to be in trouble... However it was a miracle that we remembered there was this one McDonald's that you didn't have to pay!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

All of our appointments canceled again......... It is way discouraging when you get your hopes up and then the people don't show up or cancel.... Red head guy was included..... We confirmed with him the night before and then he never showed......

It was fast Sunday today and the testimony meeting was way awesome! I can't believe I only have 2 more of these in Norway!!

MOVES CALL!!! Moves calls are in and Sister Allen and I will be staying together!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!

Sister Allen and I are going to be singing in the ward Christmas concert so we have been practicing and I think it will turn out way cool!! We are singing The First Noel with our own little twist and harmonizing

***The weather is so bipolar here!! It will be clear and no snow one day and then the next, pouring rain, then snow, then hail!!***

*** Spikes for my shoes have literally saved Sister Allen and I!! They are the best thing ever!!!

**** Norsk people are very loyal!! Once you become friends, you will be friends for life!

****Even though I am on my mission – I brought my “teddy bear blankies” and sleep with them every night!!
Scripture of the week:
John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Åndelig Tanker:
A SAVIOR IS BORN

Okay everyone the church has come out with a new Christmas video called A Savior Is Born and it is offered in Norwegian and other languages which is way awesome!! Please please please check out this video and share it with others!!! It is a good reminder on why we have Christmas and what is most important about Christmas!! I am so grateful for the Christmas season and for the opportunity I have to be able to talk to people about Christ. Being a missionary around Christmas is the best!! We truly get to focus on the Savior and help bring others as well as ourselves closer to Him.

glad i dere!! lykke til med eksamen!!! Tis the season!!!
xoxo
Søster Jordan Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment