Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Monday, December 28, 2015

God Jul!!!

So this week was a weird week.... we couldn't proselyte so we relaxed and it was so weird to not be doing missionary work!

Mandag:
Elin and Kenneth showed Sister Allen and I a cute hole in the wall place called fairytale cupcakes. So Sister Allen and I decided to go and it was so yummy and cute!!!
Went to FHE and we played scum and some other card games and sister Rappleye made some way yummy fudge! I love being with the YSA and having fun and getting to know the ward better. They are like family to me!
This is Betty, she is moving back to Czech
Tirsdag:
We visited bestamor and bestafar before Christmas! We got to take bestamor to see bestafar and it is just the cutest thing! Elder Dalton and Miller came and we sang carols. I love being around Magnus and Inger. They are so cute and make me really appreciate my family and to remember to enjoy the simple things in life.
Sister Allen and I went contacting and the streets were totally empty.... so we went home and made cookies for members. The cookies tasted good, but we had to substitute some ingredients so the dough looked like sand haha

Onsdag: Lillejulaften (Day before Christmas Eve)
We went with some of the Elders and went caroling at our weekly nursing home

The Kristiansund Elders (Elder Tennant and McIntire) came to Trondheim to spend the holidays here so we all met up and went to Egon Tower to eat the pizza buffet! It was a party! The Rappleyes came too. They couldn't make enough pizzas because by the time they brought one out, we all would get up and get more pizza and clear out the whole buffet haha. It was a pretty view and we got to see the sun rise and set all in the hour and a half we were there.



We all went to the creepy bank

We all hiked/walked to the scenic out look of the whole city!! It was so pretty! Pictures do not do Norway justice at all!

Went back to the church and moved the couches into the gym and watched a Christmas movie, ELF on the projector! It was way koselig

***We had a missionary Christmas this year and we were all together for the holidays

Torsdag: Julaften (Christmas Eve)
We watched Christmas movies and relaxed at the church

Elder Dalton made creamy cheese chicken and rice for dinner and it was way good!! We watched Polar Express afterwards
 


 
Fredag: GOD JUL (Christmas)
Sister Allen and I opened our Christmas presents and did a little Christmas morning together(:


Went to the Rappleyes for brunch and had yummy chili and potato soup and treats. We watched Inside Out which is the cutest movie and played card games. Then we all went our separate ways to SKYPE OUR FAMILIES!! Sister Allen and I went to Majken's house. It was so nice of them to let us use their house and computers!! SKYPING WAS THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!!!! I can't believe how big and grown up everyone is!! I am so thankful for technology and that I got to actually see my family face to face! It was like I had never left! I am so grateful for my family and their continuous love and support.




Lørdag:
We played volleyball and man I forgot how much I missed it!! I love volleyball!!

Pelle had us all over to eat yummy Norwegian food and his delicious orange moose pepperkaker cake. It was so fun to be with everyone. These people are my family!! I am so grateful for the generosity of the members to have us over and feed us especially during the holidays!
The missionaries went back to the church after and played ultimate spoons

Søndag:
Maria had the missionaries over and we made homemade pizza!! It was way koselig and then we played heads up! That was hilarious!! Elder Rappleye was making all of us die of laughter!! There was one part where we had to act out football and after guessing everything but football, he yells *Shotput!!!* hahaha we were all dying!! I love Maria she is so cute and awesome. I hope I can get to know her better before I leave!
 
Jordan's Tidbits:
- Knitting is so hard! I do not know how the people here can do it without even watching their fingers

- I feel like now that Christmas is over, the weather thinks it is okay to be freezing now!!!! It is so cold!!

- Literally everything shuts down in Norway for Christmas..... so running to the store for last minute food you forgot to get isn't a thing here

- The members of this ward are so awesome and thoughtful!! They gave us little gifts and it was so nice that they thought of us missionaries!
- Christmas as a missionary is the best thing ever. You don't have to worry or get caught up in the presents and things like that. You don't worry about what you are getting for Christmas and the simplest things mean the most. We get to focus on Christ our Savior and our purpose as a missionary and I LOVE IT

Åndelig Tanker:
Today marks the 2 year anniversary of my close friends Chris Alder and Darin Thomas’ passing.  It literally feels like we were hanging out just yesterday. Thanks to the Plan of Salvation I can find comfort in the quote that *no goodbye lasts forever* When I got set apart as a missionary I was told that *angels would be assisting me and be by my side.* I have many guardian angels and I know that Chris and Darin are two of those. I have felt multiple times Chris and Darin on each side of me, helping me, pushing me, keeping me safe, and guiding me along. Gud vær med dere til vi sees igjen.
*****In Moroni chapter 7 there are two verses that I really like:
29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men.

37 Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain.

******In a book that our church has called True to the Faith I really like how it describes death:

You have probably experienced the pain that comes at the death of a family member or friend. It is natural to feel sorrow at such times. In fact, mourning is one of the deepest expressions of love. The Lord said, “Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die” (D&C 42:45). The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life. Even as you mourn at the death of loved ones, you can receive comfort in the promise of resurrection and in the assurance that families can be together forever. You can “see the great reason of sorrow, and also of rejoicing—sorrow because of death and destruction among men, and joy because of the light of Christ unto life” (Alma 28:14; see also verses 9–13). In addition to receiving comfort when loved ones die, you can be at peace with the knowledge that you will eventually die. As you live the gospel, you can remember the Lord’s promise: “Those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them” (D&C 42:46).

This song reminds me of my friends and I would like to dedicate it to them.  I will always love them and have them in my heart forever!

"The Dash"

Whole town showed up
Gymnasium filled
Floor was wet
From all the tears spilled
And the preacher man said
We're all gathered today
And I'll never forget
What he had to say

It's always too soon
It's always too fast
There'll never come a day
That you don't want 'em back
It ain't about the numbers
Chiseled in concrete
It's how they lived their lives
In the dash between
In the dash between

He was a steelworker's son
Homecoming king
He trained day and night
For that championship ring
He found him a girl
Made her his queen
And he fought for his country
And he gave it everything

It's always too soon
It's always too fast
There'll never come a day
That you don't want 'em back
It ain't about the numbers
Chiseled in concrete
It's how they lived their lives
In the dash between
In the dash between

Their first breath and their last
Marks all the memories of the past
That little black line defines a legacy

It's always too soon
It's always too fast
They're always too young
It's always so sad
It ain't about the numbers
Chiseled in concrete
It's how they lived their lives
In the dash between
In the dash between
In the dash between
 
ha en fin uke og en godt nyttår dere!!!!! velkommen 2016!!!
xoxox
Søster Jordan Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment