Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Tis the Season

Tis the season everyone!!! Can you believe Christmas is next week!! NEXT WEEK!! I GET TO SKYPE MY FAMILY NEXT WEEK!!! AHHHH!!! I can hardly wait!!


Mandag:
We watched The Grinch in Norwegian and it is way funny I have to say!
Sister Allen and I got sushi with Majken, cute baby Olivia, Jolina, and Betty! We had a girls day out!
We went caroling with the missionaries and the YSA for Family Home Evening. The streets were pretty empty, but it was so cool to be caroling down the cute streets of Trondheim and the people that were out stopped and watched us and probably thought we were crazy because that is not a normal thing to do here.
Tirsdag:
It was Bestafar's birthday so we went to visit him and sang to him! We then visited Bestamor and helped her decorate for Christmas

We taught Mido the law of chastity and it went pretty well. He was pretty surprised that people still followed the law of chastity, but we cleared it up for him and he said he would start living it! He was pretty confused on if he has already broken it and what is the purpose of keeping it, but we were able to teach him about the importance of repentance.

We had a goodbye party for Elder Corrigan and Elder Rasband. Elder Corrigan is going home! And Rasband is getting transferred to Bodø
Onsdag:
We went to the nursing home and it was koselig like always. We talked and helped out and the Elders sang

We went to Elin and Kenneth's. It feels like we haven't been there in forever, but it has only been one week. It was way awesome because after we were done eating (she is an amazing cook), we shared our spiritual thought, the Savior is Born video and John 3:16-17, and then had the best talk ever!! We really felt like we got on another level with them. They are so awesome! I just love them. Elin was talking about Christmas and stuff and how if they were going to be in town they would have us over for Christmas. She told us that she missed having us over last week and that she kept telling Kenneth *I miss my girls!!* They love us coming over and it is so cool that they recognize that something feels different when we are over. She told us that she would hope that if her kids were far away from home she would want people to take care of her kids, so she wants to do that for us and how we are like family to her. Sister Allen and I started tearing up.

Sister Allen and I made charts and tables to help be more organized with all the missionaries and activities so that will help out alot!

It was Elder Dalton's birthday today so we threw him a surprise waffle party!! It was way fun and it is so great to be back with my pal again!! So Sister Allen and I jumped out to surprise him and it was Elder Phipps and Carver, not Dalton.... so that was awkward... but he loved it nonetheless!
Torsdag:
We visited Jecon and showed him the Christmas video and talked about Christ and it went good. Jecon is slowly coming along!

We had the relief society Christmas activity and it was so cute. We had a dinner and then talents throughout and a Christmas exchange. These ladies are so cute and so strong in the gospel!
 
Fredag:
Visited Evalina and Lars. I got to have my weekly car nap to their house in hell. It is the best, I always look forward to that. We got to talk about the Christmas message as well.

Lørdag:
We had sport after forever!! We played volleyball and it was so good to play that again!! Our gym is way tiny though, but it was a lot of fun with the missionaries!

Visited Målfrid and she fed us risgrøt.... It is like this hot rice stuff with butter, cinnamon, and sugar. It is pretty good, but pretty filling. She gave us so much and by the end I thought Sister Allen was going to throw up and I was force feeding myself. She invited Sister Allen and I to go to a Christmas dinner with her because her husband will be away. These older folk are my family. I love them!

We had the street stand and dang people were rejecting me right and left!! However I talked to these two really nice people and the girl I talked to gave me a hug! One older Norwegian man walked up to the stand and asked some questions and said he will try to come to church. Then the lady I talked to was from Brazil and she was so cute!
 

Sister Allen and I cleaned the church again

MIRACLE STORY!!!!!!! So one of very few investigators that we have, Rafid, we were finally able to meet with him. He believes in science, is agnostic, and believes strongly in having evidence to prove things. Sister Allen and I decided to talk about and focus on Faith. We started out by sharing the Christmas video and then he asked us questions about missionary life and then we talked about faith and read from Alma 32. He told us that if Christ had said and prophesied about the hubble theory and things like that, he would believe right away. Then I paused and waited for a question from Heaven for me to ask to him and I said *Rafid, literally the evidence you want you are holding in your hands!!* (Sister Allen and I have been watching the district, so it works people!! I got inspiration from it) Then, I went on to say how the prophets in the Book of Mormon have done what he is looking for. They prophesied about Christ and all these things that have come to past and showed him examples throughout the Book of Mormon. He then paused and said you know what.... I'm going to give it a shot! Give me one month and I will read the whole Book of Mormon. Sister Allen and I about fell over. That kind of thing never happens!!! We then shared Moroni's promise about praying and reading with real intent. We are so so excited!! This is a huge answer to prayers!!!

Søndag:
We had the ward Christmas concert. It was a great turnout! So many people came and the program was very good. I love Norwegian Christmas music. Sister Allen and I even sang in it too! We sang the First Noel and changed it up a little. I was way nervous because if you know me, crowds are not my biggest strength. However we were great and I remembered all the words, and did the right harmony, and it was great!! I love the Christmas season and being able to celebrate and be around great people!
 
Jordan's Tidbits:
- I am now the Elders barbershop.... no stress or anything....

- Don't be a Grinch this Christmas season!!

- When walking on ice, if you lean forward as you walk, you don't slip as much

- So I have a terrible fear of nursing homes and that is pretty ironic considering how much time we spend at a nursing home, so I can say that my fear is for the most part gone!¨

- I love Norway at Christmas time!!! The things they do here I will definitely be taking back home

Scripture of the week:
Jacob 4:4
For, for this intent have we written these things, that they may know that we knew of Christ, and we had a hope of his glory many hundred years before his coming; and not only we ourselves had a hope of his glory, but also all the holy prophets which were before us.

Åndelig Tanker:
Quotes that I really love and I think are perfect and have helped me so much!

- I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness! - Drew Barrymore

- Heavenly Father is proud of every single step you take closer to Him, even if they seem small or insignificant.

- We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can be! - Joseph B Wirthlin
God Jul dere!!!
xoxoxo
Søster Jordan Peterson

1 comment:

  1. Have you done some Sweden touring? I think it has the most amazing Christmas markets! You have to try them!

    ReplyDelete