Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

FALL HAS ARRIVED!!

FALL IS HERE!!! I love fall!!! I sure do miss American fall though! I love Trondheim!! This place describes Norway perfectly! This city is amazing!

Norway just has my heart!! I seriously love this place!! I don't even want to think about leaving this place.....

We had ZLT this week!! Which meant all of the missionaries in our zone got to come to Trondheim!! Which also meant I got to see my peeps and that there were 11 sisters staying in our apartment. Man was that a fun night!!! I got to see my last two companions and Sister House and Sister Boud!! It was the best thing ever!!! 



ZLT was all about member missionary work and I learned a lot!! It is so important to work and use members!! Without members we cannot do this. We need the members and we need to all work together. When we work with the members our work will improve and we will have better success!

So Thursday was so fun!!! We had the sisters here and we all took on Trondheim and went on contacting splits! Man oh man was it miracles on miracles!!! Seriously Heavenly Father does hear and answer prayers. We really needed some new investigators and I said a prayer on the bridge while we looked at the view and he totally came through!!
When we do our part, he will do his. We went and ate at McDonalds and had a ton of laughs and a grand ol time! While Sister Wadley and I were together two miracles happened right after another!! First we stopped a man and got his number and an appointment and then right after we stopped a girl and got her number and appointment!! Funny story.... I thought I had saved her number in my phone and after we started walking away it was gone! So I took off sprinting down the street yelling her name (Isabella) to get her number again!
 
I have the strongest testimony that when you put in your effort, do all you can, and have faith that the Lord will help you, HE WILL HELP YOU!!!!!

So during our big contact session with all the other sisters. Sister Sorensen met a girl named Irene and got an appointment with her and she is so prepared and positive!! I am so excited to meet with her again! She is from the Philippines and is really interested in the Book of Mormon.

Mido, we taught him this week and he came to church!! He is really starting to understand the purpose of God and Jesus Christ and of why we need the Book of Mormon. He really loved the hymns at church.

We visited the cutest old lady and man in the ward who live in a nursing home. We call them Bestamor and Bestafar. Bestafar had us give our spiritual thought and prayer twice because he couldn't remember that we did it already. Bestamor Ingrid is just the cutest thing ever!!!
 Sister Sorensen and Allen and I got stuck on bus for an hour and a half.... typical missionary move.... We had some great bonding time though!!!  These sisters are literally the most genuine people I have ever met. We are going to have lifelong friendships. I am so grateful to the Lord for putting them into my life. I don't know what I would do without them!

I am so grateful for my Mission President. Many people say that missionaries are called to their areas and assigned to their Mission President. I do not doubt that. I am so grateful and blessed to be with President and Sister Hill. They are amazing and remarkable people. I look up to them so much.

So we found a stash of approved church movies we are allowed to watch and went crazy!! So we have been having dinner and a movie the past couple of nights. Let me tell you, these church movies are HILARIOUS!!! We are dying laughing while we watch these! (Especially the ones about missionaries.) They are like spot on with the jokes! We usually take dinner at 8 and then we are in for the night because planning starts at 9 so for dinner and a movie we change into comfy clothes and then for planning just put skirts on over our sweat pants hahaha!
One of our investigators Maybritt literally lives up this forever long straight up hill!! We taught her the plan of salvation with this visual aid and the spirit was so strong and we all taught together and went off of one another so well!!

After visiting a less active Birgit who by the way is hilarious!! She was totally serenading us and singing and dancing to us! She was watching skal vi danse (Shall We Dance) when we came so afterwards, Sister Sorensen taught me how to waltz while we were walking home. Sister Allen was getting a great laugh from that!

(As we were walking out of Birgit's house I totally called her the wrong name and yelled bye Maybritt!! She is kinda old and so funny and was like IM BIRGIT!! hahaha uff da!! I was so embarrassed!! (And then at church I called her Maybritt again!!)

The cute Texan member (she is from Tyler, Texas.  Her husband is Norwegian and not a member) invited us over to her house and OH MY GOSH I about died!! American fall at its finest!! She also has the two cutest little boys and had made us homemade American cookies!! I just love Kristil!! She is so cute!! Made me miss home a lot though!
So I had to renew my visa so I can stay in Norway and it expires in October, but the earliest I could get an appointment was November...... hopefully that doesn't cause a problem...

There is a man here who is a “free spirit” and doesn't care what people think about him that dances around on rollerblades. I really liked the song he was dancing to, so I walked up to him and asked him what it was called…. hahaha He was a way happy dude!

Did another street stand this week!! Those are so fun!! You meet some interesting people that is for sure.

We had two investigators in church this week!!! That was way exciting and a huge answer to prayers!!! Mido and Lars are two of our investigators and Lars came with his wife who is a member and their cute baby!!
The *what are the odds game* has become quite the favor with us three while we are contacting and even at home!! That game is hilarious and definitely makes us step out of our comfort zone!

Sister Sorensen and I may have accidentally made Sister Allen throw up.... ooops!!! She lost to what are the odds and had to do the cinnamon challenge and she threw up!! Sister Sorensen and I were in the kitchen after we had videoed her and it had been awhile and we opened the bathroom door and Sister Allen was head first in the toilet throwing up.....

I FINISHED THE NEW TESTAMENT!!!! I started it from the beginning to end!!!

Due to the time difference with conference this weekend we (the missionaries) are going to stay up til midnight Sunday night to watch conference!!! PJ party!!! I am so excited!! It is so crazy to think that this time last year I was in the MTC watching conference!! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by! I am so so excited for conference this week and for the guidance and council from the prophet and his apostles!

Jordan's Tidbits:
- I can't believe this week it hits Oktober!!! NO WAY!!!!

-Some people have asked me what my apartment looks like.  So here are some pictures.  We live right across from the church!  That is awesome!




- So one of my companions Sister Allen says *hot poop* Sister Sorensen and I died when she said that!! She was so confused as to why we thought that phrase was so weird! Apparently she says it whenever something is cool or awesome or along those lines. We told her that it was not a normal phrase and she said oh... maybe it's just a family thing hahahaha

- Since there are three of us and it is fall, we were trying to find a former (investigator) and the neighborhood he lived in looked exactly like a Halloween neighborhood!! It was so cool!! So of course we had to do the Hocus Pocus walk down the street hahah man I love these girls!!!

- We called ourselves the Power Puff Girls and of course my blondness kicked in and on our board in our apartment I wrote *Powdered Puff Jenter* (jenter means girls) I didn't even notice that I had written it wrong until they started dying laughing.....

- I have converted Sister Sorensen to saying ya'll!!!!!

- Sister Sorensen judged Sister Allen and I for having certain things we need to sleep with every night hahaha

- Sister Allen taught me a phrase I had never heard before *YOMO* It means; YOU ONLY MISSION ONCE

- My companions are the best and so awesome and hilarious and I love them!
 
Random pics from the week:
 The cutest bicycle shop!
 Gotta love it!!
 11 girls sharing a bathroom!!  Yikes!!
 Love this town!!!
 Outside of the Art Museum
 Mailbox... hint hint... write me :)
 Forever Friends!!
Trondheim at night
Åndelig Tanker:
**Turn your heart to the Lord: Lift up your soul in prayer and explain to your Heavenly Father what you are feeling. Acknowledge your shortcomings. Pour out your heart and express your gratitude. Let him know of the trials you are facing. Plead with Him in Christ's name for strength and support. Ask that your ears may be opened, that you may hear His voice. Ask that your eyes may be opened, that you may see his light!**

*Even with the trials of life, because of the Savior's Atonement and His grace, righteous living will be rewarded with personal peace.

*Lift up your hearts in praise to God, let your rejoicings never cease. Though tribulations rage abroad, Christ says *In me ye shall have peace!*

*In Doctrine and Covenants section 82 verse 10, We are taught that if we do things the Lord's way, He is bound to bless us and we have claim to His promises; and if not His way, we have no promise!

INVITATION:
So General Conference is this weekend!! I would invite ALL of you reading this; members or non-members to check it out!!(: You can go to lds.org and watch it online or ask a Mormon and you can watch it at their house!! We are going to hear from the prophet and apostles!!! This is something you don't want to miss out on trust me!!!

ha en fin uke!!!
xoxo
Søster Jordan Peterson

check out my mission presidents wife’s blog: thehillsinnorway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment