Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Tromsø Trio has come to an end..... BUT the Trondheim Trio has begun!!

Transfers are here and..... I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED TO TRONDHEIM!!!!!!!
I am way excited to go to Trondheim, because I have always wanted to serve there, but also very sad to be leaving Tromsø! I have been here for 6 months! I love this branch and the people here so much!! I will be leaving a part of my heart with them that is for sure!  I loved my time here in Tromsø and serving with these wonderful missionaries!
 
MY NEW ADDRESS:
Søster Jordan Peterson
Eirik Jarls Gate 4
7030 Trondheim
Norway

We have an uneven amount of sisters in the mission which means there has to be a trio and guess what!!! The trio is moving to Trondheim!! I will be serving with Sister Sorensen (who was in the MTC with me) and Sister Allen who came out 2 transfers after me! I am so excited to be serving with them!! We have 6 Elders serving in Trondheim with us and that is a lot and two of them will be greenies. We got 14 new Elders this transfer and 14 last transfer!!! That is insane! Most of the Elders in the mission are training right now.... You could say our mission is really small - we have around 80 or 90 missionaries total. However I love having a small mission! You get really close!
SEPTEMBER 10 MARK THE DAY!!! THE NORTHERN LIGHTS CAME OUT AND THEY WERE SPECTACULAR!!!!!! IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! We were on our balcony jumping up and down and screaming hahaha! The Northern Lights were dancing!!! We felt like we were in Brother Bear! I am so glad I got to see them before I leave! They usually don't come out till October, so we were lucky!

I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve in Tromsø for 4 transfers. I have bittersweet feelings about leaving. This place changed me and will always hold a special place in my heart. The people, investigators, and Gren (name of branch) have blown  me away and have influenced me in a way they will never know. Saying my goodbyes to everyone here and this beautiful city has been tough, but it isn't a goodbye, just a see you later! These people are my family and I can't imagine what my life would have been like if I never got to serve here.

 Jackson
 Janne
 Lill
 Petter
Zardasht

The Elders asked me to cut their hair this week because I jokingly told them I could cut hair..... well…. Next thing I know I am holding clippers and they realized I literally had no idea what I was doing.... BUT it turned out great!! I could start a business or something!

CEDRIC BELIEVES IN GOD!!!!!!! This is truly amazing!! A month ago he didn't care and didn't believe and now we asked him and he said *God and I are buds*!!!! I WANTED TO CRY!! His whole countenance has changed and it is amazing to see how far he has come from when I first stopped him on the street.

Contacting across the bridges has become a weekly thing. It sure is good exercise let me tell you!
We were banking on the other island and this lady let us in!!! We were so surprised and didn't know what to do.... That has never happened to me or us before! She was so nice, not positive, but very nice!

I really don't like when people cancel........ Seriously if you are aren't going to come then TELL US!!! This is just a life tip I have learned… to never be late and to hold to my plans I make with people.

This transfer really helped my whole mindset about contacting. I went from not being excited about it and basically dreading it, to loving it and letting it just be a part of my day. I owe that to Sister Nielsen. She is such a hard worker and go getter that she really helped me become the missionary I want to become and helped me learn to work harder than I ever have before! I am so thankful for her and Sister Wadley! I loved loved loved being in a trio with them and am so grateful for their examples to me. They have impacted me in ways they will never know!

We had a YSA night which is basically the whole Gren (branch) and it was so much fun! Kelly even came!! We had a spiritual lesson by Elder Crabtree and then game night!! It was so much fun to hang out with the members.

We went to visit Arnt and Bianca and when we sat down they were so excited!! Kelly their daughter started to mark and read in her scriptures and she hadn't touched them since we had given her, her own pair after she got baptized!! Literally I wanted to cry!! They told us they know we have had an influence on her and helping her by meeting with her and it literally made me feel so good! I am so grateful I had the chance to get to know this wonderful family and work with Kelly especially!
Arnt and Bianca
Jordan's Tidbits:
- If you want to check out my Mission President’s blog it is: www.thehillsinnorway.com (I’m on there a couple times)

- One of our less actives who has become active since I got here is John.  He used to rap and he showed us one of his songs and he rapped with Jeremiah!! (He is a famous rapper)

- Kelly told me I was her best friend and I almost cried.
- A guy I was teaching in Bergen that got baptized after I left blessed the sacrament a couple weeks ago and is preparing to go to the temple!!!

- The gospel is so true!!!!

- Decide today to choose to not be or get offended in any situation, even if the person is offending you on purpose.... It helps you be a happier person and helps you think and become more positive especially in sticky situations.

Åndelig Tanker:
So I had a really good spiritual thought this week and then I left my journal at home.... so to be continued until next week!

- Elder and Sister Crabtree gave us life advice and I loved it!!! Some things they said that really stuck out to me were;  *you need to become the person you want to marry. If you want your future husband to have a certain quality, etc... you should have that quality as well. You can't expect him to have something if you aren't that way as well.* Another thing that I loved was how they said to *work with your children and lead by example. Do the chores with them and work with them* The Crabtrees are going home in a week and I cannot believe it!! I was with them for 6 months and they are family to me! I am so grateful for them and all they have done for me and taught me!
- A goal not written Down is just a dream

- “Let obedience come naturally; don't let it be a burden.” I have really come to love this quote especially since I am a missionary. Being a missionary we have a lot of rules and are always told to be exactly obedient, etc..... to be honest in the beginning I hated when people said that, but now I understand why. We are obedient because we want to be and because we want to show our Mission President and the Lord that we love and respect them. I have found that when we learn to want to be obedient it comes more naturally and you have a greater desire to be obedient

GLAD I DERE!!!
ha en fin uke!!!
xoxoxox
Søster Peterson

 
**Though from Jordan’s Mom:
I just have to add a few words here.  Søster Peterson is 6 months away from coming home!  In one year I have seen her grow in so many ways.  She is learning to love the Lord more than she ever believed possible, she has such a strong testimony and she is learning so much about herself!  I had heard missions do this to these young adults, but until I saw it with my own eyes, it was hard to believe.  I could not be more proud of Søster Peterson.  Going on a mission was not an easy decision.  Being on a mission is hard.  BUT – she has faith, is obedient, and loves her Father in Heaven!!  She tells me over and over again, serving a mission was the best decision she has ever made.  I miss Søster Peterson more than words can say, but I also wouldn’t want her to be anywhere else!  It felt like my heart broke into a million pieces on the day we said goodbye one year ago!  I know it was just me knowing I would miss her more than I could imagine.  Now, one year later, I still miss her more than words can say, but my heart has grown with more love than I thought possible with her being gone.  I have grown to love the beautiful country of Norway and the Norwegian people from afar!  I cannot wait to visit there and see with my own eyes what Søster Peterson writes about in her letters.  I look forward to the end of 6 months when we see her again and we will say:  WELL DONE THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT!

1 comment:

  1. Tell Lars it was fun playing Yatzee with him Maybrit. Tell Cathy or Eva I know.

    ReplyDelete