Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Monday, September 21, 2015

VELKOMMEN TIL TRØNDELAG (Welcome to Trondheim)

Okay so saying bye to Tromsø was way sad!!! Those people and that city will forever have a piece of my heart.....

Mandag:
- packed, said goodbye to people and watched Brother Bear(:
 So glad I got to say goodbye to Dingaan
Love these two!!
Tirsdag:
- My last day in Tromsø was the greatest and nicest weather I have had!!! It was sunshine and short sleeve shirts and I wasn't even chilly at all, which was a first. We took a boat to visit our investigator Cedric who lives in on an island called Finnsnes and to contact there and get a change of scenery. It was so fun!!!

Than that night I said goodbye to a couple more people and finished packing which was a nightmare...... Seriously flying for transfers is so stressful!!! So our teach with Cedric was AWESOME!!! We taught him about the word of wisdom and law of chastity..... and lots of other things since when we usually teach him it is over skype or when he gets the chance to come into town. He is doing so awesome and I am so proud of him!! I am going to miss teaching him!! He is helping manage this restaurant and gave us free food for dinner so that was way nice of him!! With our extra time, we banked and didn't have much success, but it was nice to have a change of scenery to contact and talk to different people.

Onsdag:
- Transfer day is always stressful, but fun! After arriving in Trondheim, I met one of my companions Sister Allen who was on the same plane as me. I wish all of you could have seen us with our luggage trying to get to the train station....... man was I sweating!! It took us so many trips and to go back and forth to get all of our luggage, it was a sight for sore eyes that is for sure hahaha.
When we finally got to the train station we had to wait an hour and then it was like an hour train ride to the city where Sister Sorensen our other companion and two of the elders were waiting for us to help us walk our bags to the apartment. Of course one of my wheels on my suitcase was broken so I was like dragging my suitcase throughout the city hahaha. It was a workout let me tell ya! I felt really bad for the elder who had to drag my other suitcases...... The Trondheim apartment is right across the street from the church so that is way nice and the apartment is so cute!!! I will send pics next week. We ate dinner with the elders and got kebabs and ate by the water! Seeing greenies fresh from the MTC is always so funny! We had an appointment with a guy in his early 20's named Andreas and he was way nice, but so quiet so it was basically us three missionaries talking the whole time.
Torsdag:
- We had weekly planning which is always long.................... but you gotta get a weekly planning snack so we did that and I had musli and biola! Man I love that stuff!! And we had Institute!! It is so weird to have church activities to go to!! It is way nice!! We got served dinner and then had a lesson. Sister Rappleye and Elder Rappleye (the senior couple) are way awesome!! She is an amazing cook too!! I love them already!!
Fredag:
- Taught a man and I won't give much details other than he literally drained all of us and we were so exhausted after teaching him because he wouldn't listen and wanted to kinda bible bash

- We had a dinner appointment with a member and her less active son who is way chill! We are trying to get him involved in the YSA activities so hopefully that will help! She made us the most delicious meal I have had and it was Philippine food! It was seriously to die for!! We had this salad, and purple rice, meatballs, meat and sauce, chicken, and spring rolls. Dang was it good!!! After we shared a spiritual thought, we checked the time and had 5 minutes to get to the bus which was not close..... So we had to literally SPRINT to make the bus or we would have been stranded for 45 minutes..... It was pouring rain and my stomach was not happy with me.... BUT we made it to the bus stop just as the bus rounded the corner!!! Heavenly Father loves us. We looked like wet dogs, actually, out of breath wet dogs when we got on the bus hahaha. Than that night we went out to contact and see if a less active was home and it was pouring!!!! We were so wet!!! I learned to bring an umbrella with me every time I leave the house and a scarf.....

Lørdag:
-THEY HAVE SPORT HERE!!!! But it got canceled, but we have sport here!! So that is way exciting! They play soccer! We visited Hell (a city here) and met with an investigator and of course I fell asleep on the car ride back to the city (the Rappleyes drove us)
- We visited an investigator who doesn't speak much English or Norwegian so that is kinda hard, but we have a member from Stavanger who skypes in and translates Burmese for us so that is way nice!!

****Man do I LOVE Trondheim!! The city is so big! Sister Allen and I both came from small towns with branches, so we feel like country girls moving to New York City!! Man have I missed the city life!! It is so weird, but awesome to have a real church building, more than 20 members, activities to go to the church, lots of missionaries, and not having to contact all day everyday

Jordan's Tidbits:
- There are the cutest babies here and I CAN’T HOLD THEM!!! It is driving me nuts!!!

- I love love love Trios!! These girls are so awesome!
- The streets here at nighttime are literally dead.... so that makes contacting a little difficult, but we like to play what are the odds, so that makes contacting fun and interesting!!

- I love love love the city!! I have missed it!

-There is a really beautiful cathedral here.
**insert from Mom:  here is some information on the Cathedral. 
Nidaros Cathedral
The cathedral in Trondheim is the national sanctuary of Norway, built over the grave of St. Olav. Work began in 1070, but the oldest parts still in existence date from the middle of the 12th century. In 1869 extensive restorations started, and more than a century later, Nidaros Cathedral is yet to be completed.


-A family from Stavanger who I LOVE surprised called me yesterday and oh it made my day!!! I love the Gulbrandsen family!!!!

- Started to get sick this week...... being sick as a missionary is probably the worst.... but oh well sånn er livet!!

1 John 5:14: And this is the confidence that we have in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us!

- Humility does not mean weakness!! Humility is the recognition of our dependence upon a higher power, a constant need for the Lord's support in his work!

**There is a great talk by Jeffrey R. Holland called, “Lord, I Believe”.  He starts it by saying:  “Honestly acknowledge your questions and your concerns, but first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe.”

You can go to this link to read the rest of the talk.  It is wonderful!!

ha en fin uke!!!
xoxo
Søster Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment