Well….my big winter coat has officially come out of hiding..... it is September and 45 degrees outside!! This is going to be a long winter...... I got 3 weeks of summer at least!
I am sad to say that the darkness is slowly getting worse every night. Before I know it mørketid (winter darkness) will be here!
I love how people recognize that I am a missionary and that I am doing something good. It is the greatest feeling when people ask us to pray for them
Last Monday we watched How to Train Your dragon and Hercules!! It was the best day ever!!! We put comfy clothes on and wrapped up in our blankets! It was so fun! We started out How to Train Your dragon in Norwegian and then switched it back to English hahaha it was a little hard to understand......
We met with Bianca and she showed us her job! She runs a gambling and like mini Casino – so crazy!
We got a referral from another area and her name is Romina. We haven't been able to really get ahold of her and finally this week we got to meet with her!! Oh my gosh she is a gem!!! She is so solid and wants to get baptized! She is the cutest thing ever and so nice!! She kept feeding us and making sure we had enough to eat. We are so excited to keep meeting with her, the only problem is she has to wait 3 years to gain citizenship in Norway so she can't get baptized for 3 more years....... However we look forward to meeting with her and teaching her so that way when she can get baptized she will be ready!
We heart attacked Lill and Linda's doors this week! I love doing things for the members here!! It is so fun!
My companions are the best and made me a card and sign for my 1 year mark! The sign says, "Happy One Year!"
So we had one day where we had literally not one appointment except for one with Jackson and it was at night so....... we contacted for 6 hours straight!!! Yes that is a long time! However we made it fun! We walked and contacted across the Tromso bridge that connects the two islands and then we banked and contacted on the other island. Man was I exhausted at the end of the day! However it is the best thing ever to go to bed at night knowing you did everything you could that day and worked your hardest! While we were contacting, we said so many prayers for Heavenly Father to help guide us to where we needed to show our faith we knelt down on the side of the road on a sidewalk and prayed! Yes we knelt down in public and prayed. I will admit we did laugh, but hey we are missionaries and we needed help!
I haven't always been a huge fan of contacting, but Sister Nielsen has really helped me learn to love it and have fun when I do it!! I have even gotten better about my fear of stopping guys between the ages of 18 and 30! She is so awesome and she is encouraging and such a great example and support for me! We literally stop everyone that walks past us on the street and don't let anyone get by!
Okay, so Sister Wadley makes the best enchiladas ever!!! They are something we have weekly! I love them!
Companionship Inventory with these two has probably been one of my favorite things!!
While banking we met this lady who talked to us through her window and Sister Wadley shook her hand through the window hahahaha. The sad thing is, Sister Nielsen and I thought it was totally normal until we realized after talking about it, that doing that is not normal.
One night while praying about our plans for the next day we all prayed then said what we thought we should do..... I was the only one who didn’t get the same answer and I just started laughing and said it must be falsk åpenbaring (false revelation), we can do your guys idea!! hahaha
Cedric is really coming along!!! His whole countenance has changed and he prays and reads and says he feels good!! He is so awesome!!! He is really trying to develop a belief in God and it is so cool to see how far he has come from the first time I met him!!
Fast Sunday was fantastic as always!! Except we went to visit Kelly after church and she put chocolate chip cookies in front of us on purpose!!! That was not nice and I just pushed them away so I didn't have to smell them or look at them.
On the way to Lill's I saw a man we met on the street get on the front of the bus, Sister Nielsen saw him too and told me to go talk to him.... What do I do? I walk up to the front of the bus and poke him and start talking to him. Yes I felt very awkward, but we got an appointment with him so it was worth it!
Lill invited us and the elders over for dinner and a game night!! Oh it was so fun!! It is a game they have in Norway and I don't even know how to explain it, but it was way fun and me and Elder Gingrich of course won! Sister Nielsen and I should have been on the same team because we are both competitive and we were getting really feisty. Because it was fast Sunday the next day we went and got a kebab after and I wish America had kebabs!! They are so good!! Sister Nielsen must have been really tired because she was so funny and was embarrassing us in the store and kept telling the man how good he made her kebab hahaha
Man do I really dislike when people don't show up for appointments or cancel on us last minute......
Lill bore her testimony at Church on Sunday and that is HUGE!!! I was so proud of her and she did an amazing job!!! Also my friend Edel from Stavanger is still bearing her testimony every fast Sunday and I am so so proud of her!!!
I cannot believe it has already been 6 weeks!!! No way!!! On Sunday we have moves calls and I honestly have no idea if I am staying or leaving Tromsø.... I really hope I stay for one more transfer, but because I have already been here for 4, there is a big chance I am leaving.....
- 6 months to sexy begins...... and so did the 10 kr pastries sale down the street......
- In the words of Elder Gingrich, “Whale Season has begun!!” As in the winter blubber on our bodies will now be coming out due to all the treats that comes with fall and winter hahaha!
- I thought a mission would help my competitiveness, but some things never change haha (thanks mom, I got that from you)
- Sister Wadley named her scarf noodle and we lost it so we were going around our small apartment yelling noodle where are you!?
- Sister Nielsen came to the realization at how weird a mission makes you this week and may or may not have had a breakdown because she thinks she is weird and she is going home in 3 months
- We are so exhausted and tired by the end of the day that we just laugh at everything and sometimes while we are praying and can't even finish the prayer so we have to start over....
- We love messing with each other and I love these Girls!!!
- Sister Crabtree’s District lunches are something I look forward to all week!!!
- We had a Pinterest hair night before going to bed one night and Sister Wadley is so good at doing my hair!!! She did it kinda like a great Gatsby hairdo (which a great Gatsby party is on my bucket list so if I ever have one or go to one I am doing my hair like that!)
- When we involve the Lord in our climb and decide to make a new start in any area of life, we can reach heights we never dreamed possible
- Involve God along the way!
- God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs!
- Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.... For if you love them which love you, what reward have ye? We must learn to feel towards others as Jesus did!
- Some of us serve only those we enjoy being around and avoid all others. Jesus has commanded us to love and serve everyone. We must especially serve those we do not like or have been unkind to us, etc.... Mosiah 4:15-19
ha en fin uke dere!!!
IF YOU SEE MISSIONARIES TALK TO THEM OR SAY HI!!! Pretend that it is me!! BE NICE TO THEM!!!