Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Monday, August 10, 2015

I LOVE TROMSØ and the Elders are BACK!!

HALLO!!!!!
I didn't post my 11 month picture last week, so HERE IT IS!!  Yes, there is  a story behind the picture you will read about later.
Okay I am going to apologize right now... I don't have a lot of time to email today.... so I apologize to those that I didn't get to email!! I will for sure next week!!

On Monday Mimi, (the lady we met on the street and went to her house and they gave us Fish to take home) invited us over to eat Fish cakes since Søster Bender was leaving!! OH MY GOSH THEY WERE SO GOOD!!!! She is the cutest and her husband told us we are his favorite sister missionaries!! That is like way awesome considering he would never talk to missionaries before!!! They are so cute!!

 Søster Bender left me on Wednesday.... sad day!! I'm gonna miss that girl!! As a going away present we gave Sister Crabtree these rotten potatoes we had in our cabinet for like 4 months.... it's an inside joke, but Sister Crabtree got a kick out of it!!

 We got 13 new Elders this transfer to replace the 15 that went home..... However due to flights cancelling, etc... the new greenies didn't get here till Friday, which meant the Elders wouldn't get here till Friday so that messed up Søster Nielsen and I's plans so we ended up contacting.... ALOT these past couple of days...... AND also because everyone is still out of town for summer break. I haven't contacted this hard and long in a long time..... Like for hours straight without stopping....However it wasn't bad at all and Søster Nielsen is a way hard worker and rock star and makes contacting not so terrible! I am really excited to serve with her and I know she will teach me a lot! She has already taught me so much and is such a great example to me.
The weather these past couple days was nice with lots of sunshine so that was really nice, especially since we had to be outside basically all day everyday.

Søster Nielsen and I met old man Frank and he took us out for boller. We got to talk about the Book of Mormon with him and we actually got to talk to him about what we had planned before he went off topic like usual and dominated the conversation.

The Elders came on Friday!!! Man I am so excited to have Elders here!! It is going to be way nice and fun not being the only missionaries in Tromsø! I LOVE THE ELDERS!! It is way fun to be serving with Gingrich again, and his greenie Elder Hoopes is awesome!! He is so fearless and just goes for it! Not gonna lie being around a greenie makes me feel really good about my Norwegian haha!

Going on contacting splits with the Elders is way fun!! It is nice to switch things up a bit and it is fun to work with other missionaries.

Lill Kitty had all four of us over for dinner and Zardasht! It was a koselig time and we shared Alma 7: 11-13 and talked about Christ and his Atonement for us. Props to Elder Hoopes for stepping up to the plate and contributing and sharing his testimony in Norwegian after only being in the land for 1 day!!!

Søster Nielsen and I met with Emmanuel and showed him the Joseph Smith Movie. Man that movie gets me every time!!! The spirit is always so strong and it is such a testimony builder to see how much Joseph Smith went through and the challenges he faced and not once did he waver or give up. I know that Joseph Smith would not have gone through the pains and challenges he did which eventually led to him being killed if the Book of Mormon wasn't more of God's word and if it wasn't true!

We did spark (language study) with Lill like we do every Saturday and we all learned some things that we have been saying wrong our whole missions!! EMBARASSING!! Why hasn't anyone told me this before!! I am very grateful for Lill and for her being willing to help us!

We had a lot of missionary meetings the past couple of days with the three new missionaries and giving them the low down on everyone and the branch. We decided that we really want to focus on the less actives and really helping them come back to church. Many of them live 2 hours away, but now that we have Elders we can go visit some of them! We really want to strengthen this branch! I am way excited for this transfer!

Church was awesome this week!! The primary (the 4 Reynolds kids) are doing a program in 2 weeks and I am leading them in the Music. We got to practice that and they are so cute!!! They are even singing a couple songs in Norwegian and it is so cute because they watch my mouth for the words. These kids are adorable!!

Frenchie (the man that is French and we skyped with Kayleigh) randomly called me and said he was coming to Church!! That was a totally unexpected surprise!!

All four of us went to visit Linda this week. It is fun taking the Elders and Søster Nielsen around the town and showing them everything.  I have also loved taking them to the less actives and members’ homes. I feel like a tour guide!
 Workouts this week have been fun!  We do a district work out in the morning and go running!

On Sunday Sister Nielsen and I went on a walk with Brenda and shared the Family Proclamation to the world. It was very nice to just talk and enjoy the beautiful Norwegian nature. It makes me so grateful that I have the knowledge that we can live with our families after death and that death isn’t the end. I love my family so much and I don't know what I would do if I couldn’t be with them for forever!!

Jordan's Tidbits!!
- Søster Nielsen and I have come to the realization that a mission is preparing us more and more to be better moms and a better wife.

- It amazes me how God answers our prayers! He will never leave us comfortless or alone! I am so grateful that I know I can always count on him to lift me up and that he knows what is best for me and has a plan for me.

- I LOVE TROMSØ!!

- My 11 month pictures this month..... we were in the library and the Elders were like - go under the bookshelf and take the pic! Not thinking I would really do it, I did it!! So enjoy the monthly picture(:
Awkward story of the week..........
Søster Nielsen and I stopped this old man with crutches on the street and began to talk to him about God's love for us. He right away told us that he buys his love..... And we told him that wasn't real love or lasting love and he said it is because I can make it last for as long as I want to, an hour, whatever I want! We then told him that God's love is better and free and talked a little more with him..... Let's just say it was a very interesting conversation and I felt very awkward. Things like this make me grateful for the Law of Chastity and makes me so sad to think about terrible things that are going on in the world today and how sacred things seem to no longer be sacred and seem to be tossed around like it is nothing these days.

Åndelig Tanker:
I am so eternally grateful for Jesus Christ and all that He has done for me. I am so grateful that he knows exactly how I feel and that I can always count on him no matter what! I am so grateful that when all feels hopeless, that he is right by my side cheering me on and giving me the strength to make it through my challenges and trials.

Quote from Hermana Randall that I loved!!! “I just want to say that love heals. Love heals whatever wounds we have. Not just the love that we have for other people or the love that people have for us, but the love of Jesus Christ. His love is so pure and so perfect that no matter how hurt we are or how deep the wound is, His love can fix it.” I am so thankful for my Savior. He has literally saved me, over and over again.

JEG VET AT GUD ELSKER MEG!
Ha en fin uke dere!!! Glad I dere!!!
xoxo
Søster Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment