Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Monday, January 11, 2016

FREEZING (literally) in Norway!!!

***I don’t have many pics this week due to freezing weather and it being dark by like 2 pm... I will do better next week!!!****
Mandag:
Sister Allen and I were going through former investigators and called a man named Frank. We met with him and it was awesome!! We talked about and focused on the Book of Mormon. We got a return appointment with him for this week!!

It wasn't our turn for FHE this week so we went out to contact and we talked to two way nice people on the street (Night here the streets are a ghost town so it was a big miracle for us!)

Tirsdag:
Sister Allen and I were contacting and a man started yelling and like whistling at us like a dog and I turned around and wasn't sure if he was talking to us or not so I turned back around and kept walking and then he did it again so we stopped and turned around and this narco man comes walking up to us and I was like oh no..... He walked up to us handed us a missionary name tag that he must have found on the street and then walked away.... Sister Allen and I were so confused! It was a way cool thing though that he recognized us as missionaries and knew who we were.
 
There was a little musical concert at the church.  The bishop’s dad was in the concert. So that was fun to see.
Onsdag:
Went to the nursing home to sing and play the piano for them with the Elders

Sister Allen and I visited Målfrid who lives at a section in that same nursing home and she took us out to lunch at the cafeteria. She is 91 years old and just the cutest and so with it! It turns out her husband got moved to the section of the nursing home that we visit and sing to, so that makes Sister Allen and I more excited to go, so we can talk with him! Funny story.... we got locked out with Målfrid and couldn't get back into her wing of the nursing home so we were just sitting trying to knock on the glass for someone to hear and just laughing with each other. A guy came and then couldn't get the door opened and left haha so we just waited and waited and finally got let in. We also helped Målfrid bring her husband's stuff down to his new room and she is so cute setting it up for him. She ran over my foot with her wheelchair and then pinned me against the wall because she didn't see me behind her when she was reversing hahahah. It is never a dull moment at the nursing home! Then as Sister Allen and I were about to leave we heard a knock on one of the windows and one of the people who lives in this sick wing of the nursing home was locked outside!! We have no idea how he got out there!! It was a little bit funny though because it was just the randomest thing!

Jecon's mom Juliettta who is an active member invited us and the Elders over for Middag. She makes the best Philippine food, so we were way excited.

Torsdag:
**Day 1 of the freezing weather began......

Sister Allen and I during weekly planning made a lot of phone calls and went through our area book because the missionary work has been way rough and slow..... MIRACLES HAPPENED THOUGH!!! So many people got back to us and we have appointments throughout this whole next week! This has not happened in like almost 12 weeks.... #blessed #Godhearsandanswersprayers #Godisreal

Fredag:
**Day 2 of the freezing weather

Sister Johannessen and Hudson came to do a meeting about introducing family history, teaching us how to use it, etc... I am way excited to start this!! It is actually way cool and not as boring as I thought it was and it isn't just for old people!!

Majken is finally home from Christmas break!! YAYY!! We got to meet with her and that girl is awesome!

Jolina took Sister Allen and I to buy wool tights! That was seriously so nice of her!! Dang the people here are too good to us!

Lørdag:
**Day 3 of the freezing weather - these are our heaters to keep us warm!
Played volleyball

Got to visit Lars and Evalina after the long Christmas holiday as well. Their son has gotten so big!!

Målfrid's cleaning lady died so we volunteered to clean her apartment for her. She is so cute and it was kinda funny because while we cleaned she was on Facebook and her computer haha. I am really grateful she had cleaning gloves for me to use while I cleaned the bathroom and then after we did that, it was our turn to clean the church!  Day full of cleaning!

We did the street stand today and let me tell you.... some people are just so rude!! One man was not being nice to Sister Allen and Elder Miller overheard and totally stepped in to help her!! It was the nicest thing ever.

*****Always stand up for those around you even if you don't know them or don't like them!! Always do the right thing! You never know who is watching! You would want someone to do if for you, so make sure you are always doing to others what you want to be done for yourself*****

Søndag:
**Day 4 of the freezing weather

Church was nice!! Church is just such a relief and great way to start the week out!

Sister Allen and I were out contacting and getting ready to come home and it was #1 night and #2 a Sunday night and #3 freezing, so that makes for a “for sure” ghost town.... So we were trying to stop everyone that we see because there were not that many people out...... There was a man walking towards us and I wasn't going to stop him, but I thought no I need too! So I did and he was way hyggelig and nice and we got his number and he wants to meet! His name is Aleksander.

Sister Allen ate chocolate and then drank emergency to feel better hahahaha

Sister Allen's birthday is today (Monday) and so I decorated the apartment after she went to bed... It is so hard to do things secretly when you are with someone 24/7 haha
Jordan's Tidbits:
- you know it's too cold when an investigator calls and cancels because he doesn't want to go outside to come to meet with us because it is too cold........

- you know it is too cold when members text you telling you, you shouldn't be outside
- it went from -15 to -6 to -1 degrees within the day....... too cold I tell you!!

- Our doorbell rang which never ever happens and Sister Allen and I got so scared! You know it is bad when my first thought was *grab a knife and we are getting kidnapped...* No one ever, ever comes to our door, but luckily it was just a man delivering something for our apartment haha

- you know it is too cold when your nose hair freezes within minutes of you getting outside

Scripture of the week:
Alma 5:46
“Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.”

Åndelig Tanker:
So many people may wonder and notice that Mormons don't usually wear crosses or have them hanging up in their houses...... Because the Savior lives, we do not use the symbol of His death (a cross) as the symbol of our faith.

My aunt sent me this and I loved it!!! I know it is long, but please read it!!!
******Once upon a time there was a girl who had four friends.
She loved the fourth friend the most and adorned him with rich robes and treated him to the finest of delicacies. She gave him nothing but the best.

She also loved the third friend very much and was always showing him off to neighboring kingdoms. However, she feared that one day he would leave her for another....

She also loved her second friend. He was her confidant and was always kind, considerate and patient with her. Whenever this girl faced a problem, she could confide in him, and he would help her get through the difficult times.

The girl's first friend was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining her wealth and kingdom. However, she did not love the first friend, although he loved her deeply, she hardly took notice of him!

One day, the girl fell ill and she knew her time was short. She thought of her luxurious life and wondered, 'I now have four friends with me, but when I die, will I be alone?'

Thus, she asked the fourth friend, 'I loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?' 'No way!' replied the fourth friend, and he walked away without another word. His answer cut like a sharp knife right into her heart.

The sad girl then asked the third friend, 'I loved you all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?' 'No!' replied the third friend. 'Life is too good! When you die, I'm going to marry someone else!' Her heart sank and turned cold.

She then asked the second friend, 'I have always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?' 'I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time... At the very most, I can only walk with you to your grave.' His answer struck her like a bolt of lightning, and the girl was devastated.

Then a voice called out: 'I'll go with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go.' The girl looked up, and there was her first friend. He was very skinny as he suffered from malnutrition and neglect. Greatly grieved, the girl said, 'I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance!'

In truth, you have four friends in your lives:

Your fourth friend is your body. No matter how much time and effort you lavish in making it look good, it will leave you when you die.

Your third friend is your possessions, status and wealth. When you die, it will all go to others.

Your second friend is your family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for you, the furthest they can stay by you is up to the grave.

And your first friend is your spirit. Often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world. However, your spirit is the only thing that will follow you wherever you go. Cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now, for it is the only part of you that will follow you to the throne of God and continue with you throughout eternity.

Thought for the day: Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray.

Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
 
Stay warm dere!!! Ha en fin uke!!! Good luck being back at school!!!!
xoxo
Søster Jordan Peterson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment