Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Sunday, October 18, 2015

WHAT A WEEK!!


(From Jordan’s mom:  sorry for the late post!  This post is from last week - written October 12, 2015!  Sister Peterson had a hard time loading her pictures so included are just a few of beautiful Trondheim and others from her companions.  More to come this week along with her new email, but for now – enjoy last weeks email.)

In the words of my companion.....

“This week was actually not very interesting...

We only had four miracle lessons in one hour, a random lady came to the church to "get strength from God" and for the first time ever on our missions someone let us into her house when we knocked on it! AND we saw the Northern lights!!”

Just kidding........ THIS WEEK WAS AWESOME!!!!!

WE SAW THE NORTHERN LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WERE INSANE!!!! A member Pelle texted us which was way nice and we ran outside! THEY WERE BLUE AND GREEN!! They were so pretty!!!
The next couple pictures are from Elder Gingrich up in Tromsø!!!  AMAZING!

We visited Lars and Evilena this week and we decided to watch the Joseph Smith movie with them. The hour long one is the best one!! OH MY GOSH the spirit was so strong!! It was so cool! Afterwards we all bore testimony about Joseph Smith and I know for me, every time I watch that movie my testimony is strengthened so much! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. I am so amazed that through all the challenges and trials that he was faced with that he still continued to follow what the Lord commanded him to do with faith. Joseph wouldn't have gone through everything he did if everything was made up and fake! This gospel and the Book of Mormon are true!

We visited a less active Elin and her sambor, Kenneth this week!! They are too cute!! They fed us the yummiest lasagna ever!!

Visited Majken this week. I love her baby!! It really kills me that I can't hold her.... and she gave us cookies!

We visited Bestamor and Bestafar again this week! Bestamor told Sister Sorensen she needed to cut her hair hahaha and Bestafar (Mangus) it was the cutest thing ever!!! We went into his room and he wasn't there... a little alarming because he is way sick and like confined to his bed, we assumd the best and thought maybe he was getting a bath and we would come back next week. On our way out we turn the corner and there he is!! In his wheelchair with an orange hanging out of his mouth! It was the cutest thing ever!!! He looked way good!
This week was full of water balloons! So to start Sister Allen thought she would be sly and throw a water balloon at me to get back at me for scaring her throughout the week, but she missed me and hit Sister Sorensen instead hahahah. THEN we were out trying to find a less active and out of nowhere someone throws a water balloon at us!!! What the heck!?

The amount of boller and ice cream that was fed to us this week from the elderly was insane.... seriously I never want to eat those things again!! The worst thing is you can't say no!!

We did another street stand this week! Dang people were not so nice... but! We did give out a Mormons Bok, to a little boy! haha him and his siblings came up to the table and asked if it was free and then took it and skipped off! It was really cute

At soccer on Saturday I scored a goal! That was a big accomplishment! I am still terrified of the Norwegians, but it is still way fun!

On Sunday I had to translate for this cute Chinese lady in church. She doesn't speak Norwegian, so I was translating from Norwegian to English to her! It was way fun and I am way surprised at how much I understood. (About 90%)

Mido came to church and he was dressed nice!!!

We were at MMK our Ward missionary leader thing, Myhren our church phantom walks into the room, and says that there is a random lady needing to talk to the missionaries. So me and my companions jump at the opportunity to go and talk to this women. Her name is Karolina. We greet her and she only speaks broken English and no Norsk. We start talking to her and she informs us that she is going to have an operation that next day and that she didn't know where else to go for strength but to God. We showed her around the church and she wanted to go into the chapel.

We continued talking to her and telling her about how God will help her and that everything will go according to His plan. We then ask if we can give her a Book of Mormon.

She agreed and we left her in the Chapel and RAN down the hallway frantically searching for a Bulgarian BOM while our MMK meeting was still going on. We look and look with no luck.

So we go and sprint to our apartment-- that's luckily across street.  Grab the BOM come back give it to her, Bare a solid testimony of the power that it has. We then exchange numbers and she leaves. IT WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!

Then Sunday comes and we were short 4 lessons. Not cool because we've been struggling to reach all our goals and frankly we just wanted to hit this one. So we're about to leave church on Sunday and we stop to say a prayer and we invited some members to pray with us, Saying we're going to get these lessons with YOUR FAITH! So we go with a prayer in our hearts knowing that the Lord would help us bring people unto Christ. And within an hour we got the 4 other lessons we needed to make our goal! It was so awesome! The Lord really does amplify those He calls. Then one of our appointments cancelled due to a hangover....don't even get me started. Our backup plan was to go find a former investigator. We look up the address and head out. We make our way on the bus and 20 minutes later we're there. Søster Allen knocks on the door. No answer, so she rings the bell and no answer. Then I go to put a card in her door saying we'd been there when SHE ANSWERED! Her name is Inger and when Søster Allen introduced us Inger almost died. She was so happy to see us! She told us to come in and started talking with us! We didn't have a lot of time because we had to catch the bus, but we made a return appointment to come back!

Later I told Søster Sorensen how weird it was that someone was actually happy to see the Mormons haha and she said yeah I have to agree with that. That was the first time I have ever been let in except two other times that were by crazy people who didn't know exactly who we were.

It was so awesome to see the Lords hand in our work this week. I truly feel like he was there every step of the way even when we felt like we had no clue what we were doing!
I know that the Lord calls each of us for a reason and that as we focus on what He wants, nothing will go wrong. Just trust and rely on him and trust in the way that HE will lead you!

Jordan's Tidbits:
- never become too attached to a nametag... my favorite one that I have used every day for 13 months got lost somewhere in the streets of Trondheim.....

- When you get a prompting...follow it!!! We were on the bus and Sister Allen asked me if I had a card she could give to a man on the bus. I was so proud of her!! She followed him off the bus and walked him down and then gave it to him! As we were walking away Sister Allen goes I felt way good about that and then Sister Sorensen goes really? Cause I thought he was a perv... hahahahaha HOWEVER!!! Follow your promptings and Heavenly Father will bless you

- Next week Sister Sorensen and I start the Doctrine and Covenants challenge! So when missionaries get to the last 138 days of their mission they start from chapter 138 in the Doctrine and Covenants and read one chapter everyday backwards till chapter 1 and then that is the last day of their mission! We start this week!! SO CRAZY!!!

- I scared Sister Sorensen this week and she screamed so loud!! I thought she was going to have a heart attack! It's Oktober, so Tis the season to be scary!

- I LOVE FALL!!! It is the best time of the year!



Scripture of the week:

Alma 5 verse 26 and 27
*And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now? Have ye walked, keeping yourselves blameless before God? Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye are sufficiently humble? That your garments have been cleansed and made white through the blood of Christ, who will come to redeem his people from their sins?

I chose this scripture because it really made me ponder and think.... If I have changed especially since being on my mission, can I still feel the change? Am I still continuing to change and become better? Am I using Christ to change or am I doing it on my own? Am I living my life everyday so that I can be clean and live with God? At the end of each day, would I feel embarrassed to face God? Am I constantly remembering the Lord and humbling myself?

These thoughts and questions really helped ponder who I am, who I have become, and who I want to be!

Åndelig Tanker:
- The gospel is simple, don't make it more complicated than it needs to be

- If you see someone you don't recognize at church, SAY HI!!!!! We need the members help! It is so important that they fellowship new people even if they aren't investigators!

- Food storage needs to be an important thing! You never know when it is going to come in handy! It is better to be over prepared than underprepared

- So one of my favorite talks from conference was about Ponderize! This is from the talk and the link is for the whole talk! "My second invitation is quite different from and much more important than the first. It is this: I invite you to “ponderize” one verse of scripture each week. The word ponderize is not found in the dictionary, but it has found a place in my heart. So what does it mean to ponderize? I like to say it’s a combination of 80 percent extended pondering and 20 percent memorization."
There are two simple steps:
First, choose a verse. Second, read or think of the verse several times each day and ponder the meaning of its words and key phrases throughout the week. Write down a verse of scripture each week and place it somewhere you will see it every day.

 
So I would love to invite you all to try and do this!!!

glad i dere!!! ha en fin uke!!!

xoxoxo
Søster Jordan Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment