Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Hell and Back

 
So this week I hit my 1 year mark being in the land!!! Which means I have been in Norway for one year!! That is so crazy!! I cannot believe how much this mission has changed my life and I am so grateful for the amazing opportunity I have to be a missionary!

Mandag:
We ate at a members house, the Dunn family and they are so cute and sweet!! They made this really yummy red pepper soup with knekkebrø and some kind of butter with spices in it! SO GOOD!! They have two kids and they are the cutest!

President and Sister Hill flew into Trondheim to do interviews. Man I love those two!! They are just the best!!

Tirsdag:
For district lunch we did a pot luck and the missionaries could choose what they brought..... man oh man..... it was the most random lunch I have ever had hahaha. There was a macaroni salad, soup, garlic bread, pigs in a blanket, cookies, and brownies hahaha! That is what happens when you have 6 elders choosing what to make.

MIRACLE DAY!!!!!! THE CRAZIEST THING HAPPENED!! We were on the bus on our way to visit a former and we got on the wrong bus and were going to get off at the next stop and while on the bus, a girl asked us in English if we were Mormons! Her name is Marianna. She than talked to us for the next 20 minutes about how she thinks we are so interesting and has read the whole Book of Mormon, loves what we are doing, and hasn't found the right church for her yet! THIS WAS MUSIC TO OUR EARS!! AND she asked if we could explain the plan of salvation to her!! WE WERE DYING!! We stayed on the bus and then just got off at a random stop because there was no way we were getting off the bus without getting her number and an appointment. WE GOT AN APPOINTMENT and are meeting with her this week!! THIS NEVER HAPPENS!!!!! IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!!! We all three got off the bus and were freaking out! We are so so excited!! The Lord does put prepared people in our paths!

Onsdag:
1 year in Norway!!!!

Went to visit Jekon (less active) and his friend Rolland who is investigating and we walk in and one of the sets of ELDERS are there!!! We were like what the heck!? Turns out they were looking at the ward list and chose to come visit Jekon..... so he got two visits from the missionaries that day haha

We went to Bible Study and it was way good! We are studying the Old Testament and man it is intense.... I like the New Testament better haha. It is easier to understand

Torsdag:
Visited Bestamor and Bestafar..... Bestafar wasn't looking too good this week, but Bestamor is cute as ever!!

We had dinner with Aaron and Majken and their cute baby Olivia!! Dang this no baby rule is really killing me..... She made the yummiest enchiladas I have ever had!! I love Aaron and Majken! They are so awesome and always helping the missionaries and they are young and cute and make me so excited to be married and help the missionaries too!

Fredag:
The YSA was doing a movie night and we were allowed to come if we brought investigators or less actives... you better believe we are going to do what it takes to watch a movie!! SO WHAT DO WE DO!?!? We had 2 investigators and a less active come!! Jekon, Rolland, and Mido!! Sister Rappeleye couldn't believe it! Jekon hadn't come to the church since he couldn't remember how long!! IT WAS A MIRACLE!!! We watched Tomorrowland! That was an awesome movie and so relatable to the gospel... yes you now you are a missionary when you relate movies to the gospel haha

The Doctrine and Covenants 138 days challenge started today!! I have 138 days left and you read from chapter 138 and go down to one day by day. I love the Doctrine and Covenants! It is so good!!!
Lørdag:
Sport!! I got brave this week and tried to guard one of the Norwegians, Aaron.... I didn't die, so it went pretty good! I scored a goal this week too!! One of the elders slide tackled/slipped/knocked me over so I got to get a free kick at the goalie and man was that embarrassing. Hahaha! Needless to say I didn't make a goal that time

THE REASON FOR MY HEADING!!! So one of our investigators lives in Hell. So we went to visit and the Rappeleyes took us for some pictures. It is always a joke that everyone says they went to *hell* or went to *hell and back*


We were out contacting and stopped a guy who was American and named Chase!! He was way cool and talked to us for a while. He doesn't believe in God and believes in science, but he was way nice and really likes Mormons and thinks we are great people. By the way…to me, God created science.

Søndag:
We skyped and had an appointment with Nina! She referred herself to the church and has been way busy so this was the first time we have gotten to meet since I have been in Trondheim

Some girls came to church for a school project. It was way fun because we got to take them on a tour of the church and do a one on one questionnaire with them. I love teaching them and having them learn about the church.

We were contacting and walking across the bridge to head home and some college kids were getting in a raft to go in the middle of the pond/lake thing and Sorensen “what are the odds” me to yell and ask them what they were doing... of course I lost so I did it!! Hahaha they even replied back!! It was way funny
At home we were getting ready to plan for the next day and our doorbell rang..... It was a guy asking if we had a wine opener... we live in an apartment complex with college kids and I swear a sorority house is next door because they are partying and screaming all night long on the weekends! Anyways Sister Sorensen replied and said no and that we don't drink. I was so proud of her!

****That one lady (Kalina the Bulgarian) that showed up to the church, we got into contact with her and went to visit her at the hospital!! She has been reading some in the Book of Mormon and was so grateful that we came to visit her!!

Jordan's Tidbits:
- If you aren't having fun, you are doing something wrong!
- The Pepperkaker is in stores now!!! Oh my gosh so I usually don't like gingerbread cookies but dang Norwegian ones are the best!!!!

- Banana bread with frosting is to die for (Sister Rappeleye is the best cook!!

- While contacting Sister Allen ran into a pole.... funniest thing ever!! hahahahah

- Sister Sorensen and Allen love to eat baby food
- Elder Mitchell loves to scare us while emailing and I am pretty sure I am going to lose my voice from screaming so loud and so much

- Sister Sorensen loves when we are on the street to tell people when we ask to pray with them after we are done talking to tell them that I am way good at praying and so I always pray. It is way fun and I love doing it. I always know it is coming haha she just smiles and looks at me and asks me to pray and she knows I won't say no, so I think that is why she does it haha!
 
-Sister Missionaries working so hard, our shoes are worn!

Scripture of week:
Doctrine and Covenants Chapter 4 verse 2 and 5! *O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength.... and faith, hope, charity, and love, with an eye single to the glory of God qualify him for the work. Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, and diligence!*

I chose this scripture for this week to help myself focus on my work here in Norway and making sure that I am developing the Christlike attributes that are important. I have almost 4 months left and I want to make sure I go home on a stretcher knowing I worked my best right up to the end!

I LOVE THIS QUOTE ABOUT CHRIST:
It is important to remember that Jesus was capable of sinning, that he could have succumbed, that the plan of life and salvation could have been foiled, but that he remained true. Had there been no possibility of his yielding to the enticement of Satan, there would have been no real test, no genuine victory in the result... He was perfect and sinless, not because he had to be, but rather because he clearly and determinedly wanted to be

****Jesus chose to be perfect!! He had temptation and he chose to choose the high road. I LOVE THIS!! It goes to show that we all can choose to be perfect and be better

CHALLENGE:
Read the 4 gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John by Christmas!! It is an awesome way to prepare for the Christmas season and to focus on what is most important.... CHRIST!

GLAD I DERE!!! ha en fin uke!!!!
xoxoxxo
søster jordan peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment