So this fast Sunday coming up will be my last one in Norway!! I can't believe it..... When I was in the MTC I made a promise with Heavenly Father that I would bear my testimony every fast Sunday on my mission. That was something hard for me to do because one it was going to be in Norwegian and two I get way nervous to talk in front of people.... However I have kept my promise!! BUT FOR MY BIRTHDAY AND TO SHARE THIS LAST FAST SUNDAY WITH ME.... I would love it if you all could bear your testimonies on fast Sunday in February! I know it is scary, but you don't need to worry about what others may say or think. It can be simple and as long as it comes from your heart that is an awesome testimony(:
Also don't forget to wear purple!
This week for some reason seemed like it was forever long.....
- Went to Family Home Evening – while we were outside for the night we took some amazing pictures of the Cathedral and beautiful city
- Enoch fed us dinner! He is so awesome! He makes a big pot of yummy pasta for all the missionaries about every other week
- I totally ate it going up the stairs and banged my knee straight into the metal stair.... of course Sister Gates had her camera out and ready so she got some after effect pictures.. Now I have bruises on both my knees haha
Made a running schedule to go every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday! We even bring our ipod and speaker and listen to church music while we run in the church gym
MIRACLE!!! Okay so my whole mission I have been craving french toast haha and I have never told anyone..... I got out of the shower and Sister Gates goes *I made french toast if you want some!* I seriously about starting crying!! I know Heavenly Father inspired her to make that for me hahaha
- Sister Rappleye made yummy banana bread for district lunch... this day was awesome!!!
- While trying to find a less active, Sister Gates didn't see me get off the bus because she was talking to someone so we got separated.... haha poor thing had no idea where she was so she called me and talked to me on the phone until we had walked to each other. She got off like 4 stops later haha
- The former Sister Nielsen now Nicole gave us a referral! His name was Karl Knutsen and funny story we asked for Knut instead of Karl hahaha. Seriously though it is a miracle how we find people and addresses with no technology! The Lord I know leads and guides us to the right paths!! I have no idea how we find people, but we always manage. Also Norwegians are way kind and always willing to help when it doesn't involve religion haha... later that night we were trying to find someone else and one pulled out her GPS to let us use!!
- We visited bestamor and bestafar and Magnus (bestafar) was doing so good!! He was actually eating his food this time and he was talking to us! He was doing so good! Inger was a hoot and tried tickling us hahaha
- So we were out trying to find a less active and she lived by Hem and Shanti. She wasn't home and we haven't had contact or been able to get ahold of Hem or Shanti who have been members a year now and are from Nepal. Anyways.... so we stopped by their house and they were home!! And they let us in!!! We had such a great lesson about keeping the sabbath day holy and helping them remember their baptismal covenants and it was awesome!!!
- Visited Texas Krystle and man her passion and love about being a mom is the best!! We shared a talk with her by Elder Holland called Behold Thy Mother. It is an amazing talk and made me think a lot about my mom and how much she does for me and how much I love and appreciate her so much more now that I am grown up. Krystle makes me way excited to be a stay at home mom
- At institute we had the most spiritual lesson ever!! Jolina taught about Joseph Smith and Sister Gates said the first vision and wow.... the spirit was so strong!!!
- Hurricane weather came!! You know the weather is bad when your appointment cancels due to weather.... and when your mission president calls you to make sure you are okay and inside! Luckily it didn't hit Trondheim til later that night, but I know it hit Bergen pretty bad!
- Ole was going to help us on the teach that got canceled... and he made us dinner - some thai kind of food that was way yummy!
- Visited Maria and man I just love that girl!! She is so awesome and planning on serving a mission and Sister Gates and I were so happy and excited to be able to share stories and advice with her!
- Visited Majken and the coolest thing happened! We had planned to talk to her about family history and still weren't so sure on what exactly to say and we checked the mail as we went out and inside was this month's Liahona and the first story was about family history!! It is so true that Heavenly Father gives us the words in the moment we need them! (fell again on the ice)
- Had a baby shower for Enoch's wife Vita!! It was so fun and cute! and there was so much cake.......
- Visited Målfrid and Ivar! They are like family to me and I have visited them every week since September. The older man he is sicker then she is and I was sitting by him and he grabbed my hand and just held it. It just hit me so hard that I am leaving soon.... I began to tear up, but didn't dare cry in front of them. ( I hate crying in front of people) These people and everyone I have met and become friends with are like my family. Norway holds my heart and it is going to break into two when I leave.....
- Visted Ruppa and Urmilla (Ruppa is Hem's mom) And we had a way awesome unplanned lesson with Urmilla and her boyfriend! They had questions about the Book of Mormon and the spirit was so strong and it was so guided by the spirit! It was so cool! We are hoping to visit them every week and begin to get Urmilla and her boyfriend interested in learning more! (Ruppa has been baptized)
- Oh my gosh the path to Ruppa's house was literally solid ice!! Sister Gates and I looked like bambi on ice! We were like jumping and hanging on to each other to not fall!
- After church the Rappleyes came up to us and asked us if we wanted to come over with Jenny ( a member) and eat dinner! That literally made Sister Gates and I's day! We had these yummy white creamy enchiladas and earthquake cake and I felt like I was at my grandparents house for Sunday dinner!
- The Rappleyes having us over sure made up for the not so awesome contacting we had later that night.... It is just so sad how these people won't open their hearts!! Come on!! They are missing out on something so awesome and they don't even know it and won't even try or listen! However, Sister Gates and I are determined and will not give up! It just makes us want to work that much harder to find the one that needs our message!! We felt like Moroni chapter 9 verse 6 describes this night perfectly.
“And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.”
**hahahaha so I forgot to say this last week.... So it was our first real day together and Sister Gates and I were getting ready to leave the house. I was in the living room packing my bag and she was in the bathroom and all of a sudden I hear a huge crash noise!! I immediately thought *She fell over, passed out, and knocked over the rack with our bathroom stuff on it!* So I run to the doorway and she is standing there holding a string from the blinds and the blinds are all on the floor!! hahahaha she goes *I just wanted to look at the church....* She pulled the blinds right off the wall hahaha but no worries we fixed them.
Scripture of the week:
Doctrine and Covenants section 31 verse 11:
*Go your way whithersoever I will, and it shall be given you by the comforter what you shall do and whither you shall go.*
This is seriously the best missionary verse ever!! It is so true!
- True disciples of Christ are not looking to make excuses for the doctrine when it doesn't fit the world's current concepts. True disciples represent the Lord when it may not be convenient to do so. True disciples desire to inspire the hearts of men, not just impress them
- I wish I could help everyone to understand this one simple fact: We believe in God because of things we know with our heat and mind, not because of things we do not know. Our spiritual experiences are sometimes too sacred to explain in wordly terms, but that doesn't mean they are not real
- Wanting to believe is the necessary first step
- If we make no effort to believe, we are like the man who unplugs a spotlight and then blames the spotlight for not working
- Faith is trusting that the Lord has something even better for us in store than that which we have previously experienced, regardless how great it seemed at the time. It requires we leave everything and anything behind that can distract us or hinder us from reaching our potential
- Opposition helps you realize the blessings...
- In the hardest moments it is so important to make the right decisions!
- If you are being tested real hard, you must be doing something right! (Like Joseph Smith)
****This week our Mission President decided to bring back Norwegian week.... so we speak only Norsk the whole week!! So wish me luck!!****
glad i dere!!!
Søster Jordan Peterson
IT IS FEBRUARY!!! HERE IS AN AWESOME CHALLENGE TIL VALENTINES DAY!!
Love is in the air. Well, maybe not for you. But it could be.
With the appearance of heart-shaped boxes of chocolates, cupid candies, valentine cards, and lovey-dovey stuffed animals on store shelves across America, it’s clear that in the United States, there is a definite commercialization of love during the month of February.
But love isn’t confined to a month. Love is not dependent on relationship status. In fact, it’s not about one day. It’s about every day.
In the words of our loving prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, “Love is the very essence of the gospel, and Jesus Christ is our Exemplar.”
If we want to be better followers of Him, we need to be more. We need to LOVE more.
To focus on the essence of the gospel and ensure that “love is the air,” we invite you to participate in our 14-day challenge to love one another.
Each day, pick one of these actions to do in order to show love to someone else.
Like it says in the New Testament and is reiterated in the popular hymn “Love One Another,” “by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”
By our actions, we can truly put love in the air. Take the 14-day Love One Another Challenge and make a difference in the world around you.