Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Monday, April 27, 2015

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!

This week was rough not gonna lie..... It was just one of those weeks that missionaries probably dread and don't look forward to.

So I decided to title this email “Good things come to those who wait”, because that is what I keep telling myself!  Missionary work has been really slow lately and it is very frustrating, but I know that it isn't until AFTER the trial of our faith that we see miracles and the Lord's help. I just wish I didn't have to be patient and wait, but I know it helps me learn and grow!

This week........ (Sorry mom it is going to be unorganized.....)

A guy from the ward came back from the US and brought us some American food! Including Nutter Butters!! Oh man did I forget about those!!!
 
We were able to meet with a man named Trulls that we met on the bybane kontakting. Turns out he already had a Book of Mormon he had gotten while in Sweden and had read the whole thing! Like what the heck!? We met with him and he was way cool and we are so excited to meet with him again! We taught him about the Book of Mormon and he really thinks it is interesting

A member in the ward took Søster J, me. Elder Stookey, and Griffin to lunch! We went to probably the only American restaurant in Norway..... TGI Friday's! Pretty funny because we had all never been there before. We had to come to Norway to eat there hahaha. It was way good and made me remember what good ole American food tastes like!
 
The sisters and I gardened for our land lady! Søster J got a kick out of chasing me and Søster Muran with worms......
We had Stake Conference this weekend. It was broadcasted from Drammen and it was so cool because I got to see people I know from Stavanger on the screen in the background! It was a very neat experience for me because it was all in Norwegian (selvfølgelig) and it was so cool to hear and think to myself that I am in Norway! Sometimes I tend to forget that I am in Norway! I am so lucky and blessed to be here!

Søster J, me, and Elder Stookey and Griffin helped a lady in the ward move things out of her attic and clean it than put everything back in. We had a lot of fun and it was so rewarding to see how grateful she was for us helping her. We didn't think it was that big of a deal, it was easy and fun for us, but to her it meant so much! You never know how much good you do! Even the little things (:

For språk study we sometimes like to play catch phrase with the other missionaries. It is pretty fun to see how far I have come from when I first came to the land. We use a dictionary and have to describe the first Norwegian word we see in Norwegian and everyone has to guess what it is

Update on BOOT CAMP: Well week one wasn't a failure, but next week will be better for sure! It didn't help that we got brought American food and treats.... I did pretty good restraining myself though!

We are trying to get a street stand set up in the city center on the weekends! Hopefully we can get that going this coming weekend! The city is always packed on the weekends! We are hoping it will be a success!
I misplaced my Norwegian scriptures this week and I thought my life was going to end... I was really upset and I can't count the number of prayers I said trying to find them! I bribed all the missionaries by buying the person who found them boller and Søster J randomly found them in the weirdest place ever in our apartment! She was pretty excited because we had started boot camp and now she could not have healthy food hahah.  So I bought some for myself too... sjokolade boller!!!  So YUMMY!!!
We explored a cemetery that is just down the street from us for fun on one of our nightly dinner walks!

 Sunday night was P day eve spa night! After planning and doing everything we needed to of course we decided to spoil ourselves by painting our nails, soaking our feet, and doing face masks!
Mandag: TODAY
We explored at a river! We all went down to a river/creek and explored and had a grand ol time! We also had a rock battle across the river hahahah. I know I know it sounds childish, but it was so much fun! We split up on the two sides of the river and tried to throw rocks in to the water to splash each other! hahaha We all got soaked! You would be surprised! I love my district they are the best! They remind me that I am not the only one who is still a kid at heart (:


 
Jordan's Tidbits:
- If you aren't having fun you are doing something wrong!  Yes, this is baby food - but it is oh so good!!!
- Seeing and hearing about all my friends getting engaged and married is crazy!!! It is so weird!
- I am trying to learn and play piano again!
- Letters make my day!!
- My Grandma came up with a great idea of the “ONE MORE” principle.  So my mom challenged me to; “Each day do "ONE MORE".  You choose what it is.... one more knock, one more contact, once more prayer, one more sit up, one more saying of gratitude, one more act of service.  Doesn't matter what it is - just do ONE MORE.  AND NOW I AM EXTENDING THAT CHALLENGE TO YOU!!! It really helped me a lot this week!"  I love "Me and my CREW!"
Åndelig Tanker:
*....God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able, but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it*

*God gives us challenges and hardships to help us learn and grow!

*God expects and asks us to follow Him blindly*
Glad I dere!! Ha en fin uke!
xoxo
Søster Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment