Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Monday, February 16, 2015

GRATULERE MED DAGEN TIL MEG!!! Happy Birthday to me!!!!

WOW!!!! I cannot believe that I am 20 today!! Dang I feel so old!!! I still feel like I am 16!! Here's to a fabulous year of being 20 in Norway!!!
Shout out to Søster Heywood for making me Vafler this morning!! You are a champion!!! Vafler is Norwegian for waffles!! I know I have said this a million times, BUT….the waffles here are to die for!!!! I am going out to eat for my birthday!! All the missionaries and my friends from the ward and Louis my investigator, and Casper are all going to come!!! I am so excited!! We are getting Chinese food!!!

(My grandma sent me a pearl necklace and earrings; I guess that is a sign that I am now a lady and growing up! Time to trade in the fruit loop necklace for the pearls!)
So this week......
- I got to watch Frozen in Norsk, it was the coolest thing ever!!! I even understood most of it!!! It is way better in Norwegian especially since it takes place in Norway

-We had a Valentines Party with the YSA (Young Single Adult) and missionaries and our investigators!! It was so fun!! Definitely a different way to spend Valentine’s Day, but I loved it!! We made dinner and all hung out!! It was so fun! I love just hanging out with missionaries and the YSA and our investigators! It is awesome to see the YSA befriending our investigators!
- Contacting this week was a little rough at first.  In the beginning of the week it was just like last week! The people were rude, didn't want to talk, and we were not having any success!! Then Søster Nielsen and Sorensen came down and we went on splits and had the best day ever!! We taught so many people on the street and got two new investigators! It was awesome!!! We are supposed to meet with them this week!  I am so grateful for Søster Nielsen and Sorensen and for them taking time to help us! 
 
- I think it is so funny when we ask people if we can pray with them on the street and how they react!! Since the MTC I always pray in Norwegian, so the times I pray in English I stutter and forget the words I want to say and it is so embarrassing! 

- Our investigator Louis taught us how to African dance!! I am not a good dancer!! It was so fun!! He kept telling us to move our whole body and feel the music! Afterwards we taught him and had the most spiritual lesson ever!! It was so awesome!! He has such a strong testimony about Jesus Christ and God!  The spirit was so strong!!
- There is a little boy in the ward named Nathan who is 4! He is the cutest little boy ever and is in love with me!! He gave me a handmade bracelet and heart valentine for Valentine's Day!!! It was the cutest thing ever! I was so sad to say bye to him!! He is a cutie!
- This week I was reminded how important the Holy Ghost is and how we need to always listen to the small promptings!!!
 
- Casper is doing great like always!!!  However saying goodbye to him is going to be so sad!!
 
TRANSFER REPORT!!!!!! I WILL BE GETTING TRANSFERRED TO........
 
 
TROMSØ WITH SØSTER HOUSE!!!!! We are going to be opening the area for sisters there!! Can you believe it!! I about died when I found out!!! I think this is the northernmost area for sisters in the world!!  Pretty awesome! I about died when I found out!!! I’m so excited to have Søster House as my new companion!!  She was my companion in the MTC and is my best friend!!! I have been dying to see her!!! I haven't seen her since the MTC and when I found out we are going to be companions I started to scream and may have teared up a little bit hahaha. We will be starting from scratch up there, but I know we are going to do great things!! I am so excited!!! 
- Tromsø currently has one set of elders and a senior couple
- Tromsø is the second most north mission city in Norway, the highest is Alta
- Tromsø has not had sister missionaries there in a really really long time
- Tromsø has a branch not a ward so there are about 10 members in Tromsø (big difference from Stavanger)
- Tromsø is freezing!!!!!! It is above the Arctic Circle!!
***** I AM GETTING A NEW ADDRESS!!!!! SO PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANYTHING ELSE TO MY CURRENT ADDRESS**** I WILL HAVE MY NEW ADDRESS NEXT WEEK!! SO IF YOU NEED TO SEND SOMETHING AND IT CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK SEND IT TO THE MISSION HOME ADDRESS!!!!***** (it should be on my blog)
 
I am so so excited to serve with Søster House and it is such a privilege that we are opening an area!! That is a big deal!! However I am sad to leave Stavanger and the wonderful family and friends I have made here and of course my awesome companion Søster Heywood!! She is an amazing missionary and such a great example to me!! Her language skills are incredible and she has helped me so much!!! I am also sad to leave all of my amazing missionary friends here!! We are like family!!! However we are all needed elsewhere right now! Stavanger is like my home!!! I am so blessed to have served here and for the impact the people had on me! However it isn't a goodbye, but a see you later!!!! 

 
At the Bjergas house eating Yummy Boller with crème in the middle
 
The Meade Family

I was told to always leave an area better than when you arrived! I hope that I was able to do that in Stavanger!! I know that Stavanger has for sure made me better than when I arrived!


Thank you so much everyone for all of the wonderful birthday wishes, letters, and packages!!! It means the world to me!! Ya'll are so thoughtful!!! Thank you, thank you!!! I am so grateful to have such wonderful people like you in my life!!!
 
Have a great week!!!!
xoxo
Søster Peterson

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment