Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Monday, December 15, 2014

Søster Peterson takes a tumble!

This week I don't have too much to report!! Around the holidays missionary work kinda slows down.  We have been mostly contacting this week.  We did have a lot of success sharing "The Gift.”  We have pass along cards with “The Gift” advertised on them.

So, yesterday was kind of a rough day... Missionary work is the best thing and my decision to come on a mission was the best decision I have ever made, but also the hardest thing I have ever done.  You don't realize what hard means until you are on a mission yourself.  As a missionary, sometimes you are kinda broken down and then built back up by relying on the Lord to help you and realize who you are and what you are to be and become. 

With that being said, I try to stay positive and look at the good I am doing.  Eldste Clark left to go home!! It is so weird that he is done and will be home for the holidays!!!  Søster Frampton got her travel plans to fly home!! Bittersweet!!!
 
I was in Sandnes again this week while Søster Frampton traveled and Søster Nielsen fell off of the top bunk (it has no railing) flat on her back on the floor!!! hahahah it was so funny!! She was trying to reach the lights and lost her balance!!

Church was the best on Sunday!!! Søster Frampton gave an amazing talk and Casper got to pass the sacrament!! Søster Frampton and I wanted to cry!! Such an amazing thing to see that he is where he is today because of us!! Casper bought a new suit for church!! He is just so awesome!! He also gave me my official sign name!!!

The weather this week was insane!!! I have never seen so much rain - like pouring rain in my life!!! It rained so hard every day and hailed!!! It even snowed a tiny bit, but it didn't stick!  My umbrella has seen better days!!!

THE ENGLISH FAST IS OVER! I survived the week long English fast!! It was so hard and the apartment was for sure quieter than usual, but it did help me a lot!! I did learn so much from it!  I carried a dictionary around with me, but also learned many new words and phrases.  I feel like I got better at Norwegian!

We watched the Grinch at a church activity with Norwegian subtitles!! That was way cool!!

My challenge to write down one thing each day that you are grateful for is really helping me!! It is neat for me to think back on the day when I write in my journal and to see the things that I write down!!

So about my headline... 

Søster Frampton and I were running to catch the bus (we tend to run a lot through the city haha) and I started running the wrong way. She looked back and yelled at me and I went to run down these steps/stairs and totally lost my balanced!! I stumbled down the stairs, caught myself, than tripped and fell and landed in a puddle of water.... Søster Frampton's face was priceless!! We were both laughing so hard we could barely breathe!!  This happened right in the middle of town!! So I am sure that the people around were like what the heck is going on!

We had a zone conference this week.  My zone covers 4 cities and we meet in Stavanger.  We did investigator training with the zone leaders and look who our investigator was!!!  Justin Bieber!!  haha

 
Jordan's Tidbits:

- It is definately getting cold!! My thermal tights are a life saver!!!
- Norwegians have so many yummy treats and sweets it kills me!!!! The holidays are the best here!!!

- “Jeg har ingen peiling” means I have no idea or no clue

Love this little girl!  Her name is Emilie 

The Mead Family
 
- Christmas here is celebrated on Dec 24th.  Santa comes to their house and they open presents.  After dinner they eat a huge dinner and they dress up

- They decorate their trees here outside so differently they don’t wrap them in lights they throw the lights up so they are vertical

- Thank you thank you thank you to those that have been sending me letters and cards!! Seriously I can't express how grateful I am!!

- Remember the true meaning of Christmas!! Find out what it means to you!!

****My P Day next week is being changed to Dec 24th!!!

INVITATION:

***This week go ONE FULL day without social media!! No facebook, no instagram, no twitter, etc... You can do it!!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!
xoxo
Søster Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment