Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

LET THERE BE DARKNESS!

I would like to apologize for the short letter and no pictures this week.  The library where we email had an internet outage and was closed, but luckily we are able to have a little time at the Church, but six other missionaries have to write as well so we don’t have a lot of time to write!! Total bummer!!! I will send the pictures next week and reply to those that I didn't get to as well!! So sorry!!!

As the winter is slowly approaching and daylight savings kicked in, it gets darker earlier.  Also where I am it is either cloudy or raining everyday so I can totally understand how people get depressed easily here!  However I did see the sun twice this week!!! It wasn't out for very long, but it was nice to know that the sun still exists!!

I spent most of the week in Sandnes because Søster Frampton had to go visit other sisters.  It always seems tough when I go there.  Maybe it is because I am not on my normal routine or because I am not as familiar with Sandnes.  It is times like those when I find myself praying a lot.  This week was extra special!  I know my Heavenly Father is mindful of me and surrounds me with the angels I need to help me each and every day.  I do miss Søster Frampton and Stavanger very much when I am not there, but I realize I need to get used to going to different places.  Just to give you an idea, Sandnes is about 20 miles (16 km) north of Stavanger.   

Things are going great with our investigator Casper that has a baptismal date!! He is progressing very well and he told Søster Frampton and I that he finally sat down and started to read the Book of Mormon and loved it!! He said he got the best feeling and he knows it is true!! Søster Frampton and I were so excited when he told us that!! Pawet another one of our investigators prayed out loud with us for the first time!! I was so happy and proud of him!!! He prayed in polish, but that was okay!! We are just glad he finally prayed with us!

Scripture I really loved this week!!

I was Reading in the Book of Mormon in 2 Nephi Chapter 33:1-2.  It says: 

“1 And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.

 2 But behold, there are many that harden their hearts against the Holy Spirit, that it hath no place in them; wherefore, they cast many things away which are written and esteem them as things of naught.”

 It talks about how the Holy Ghost carries the message UNTO the hearts of the people, but not INTO their hearts.  I really liked this because with many of the people here, they are stubborn and always reject us and this scripture helped me a lot because it made me realize that I can do all I can, but if the people aren't accepting or ready for my message that it isn't my fault.

Jordan's Tidbits:

·         Norwegians have dinner around 4:30 or 5
·         H&M is the popular store here
·         I will never understand why Norwegians do not close their blinds or curtains!! Day or night they are always open!!! They never shut them!! I can always see into people’s houses and rooms!! So weird!!
·         Norwegians wear their wedding rings on their right hands.  They also have the same ring.  (Husband and wife) It is just a simple gold band.  So pretty much all of their rings look the same.

Thank you everyone for the emails, letters, love, support, and prayers!! They mean more to me than you know!!!

I am going to start adding weekly invitations or challenges to do! I would really appreciate it if you did them!!! It would be awesome to hear your experiences that you have with them!!

INVITATION FOR THE WEEK:
**Smile to everyone you pass by or come in contact with!!**

Love you all!!
xoxo
Søster Peterson

MESSAGE FROM MOM:
I wanted to thank all of you who keep Jordan in your prayers!  In the upcoming months the nights will get longer and the days will get shorter.  The weather will also be turning very cold.  The Norwegian people are wonderful but many don’t feel the need for the Gospel or Savior in their lives, so the missionaries can potentially get very discouraged.  If you could keep them in your prayers, I as a missionary mom would be so grateful.

Jordan mentioned she was having a hard time sleeping.  She said, “I’m having bad sleeping problems since I've been here... any advice? We go to bed at 10:30 and I try, but when it's time for bed my mind just keeps going!”
I smiled when she said that, thinking – welcome to motherhood!  Haha
My advice was maybe try drinking warm milk and a piece of toast. 
Her response, “eww... we don't eat bread!” hahaha!  I thought that was funny.  SO – any advice on how to relax her mind before bed would be appreciated J

No comments:

Post a Comment