Jord's Adventures in Norway

Jord's Adventures in Norway

Monday, May 11, 2015

LOOK OUT TROMSØ THIS MISSIONARY IS COMING BACK FOR YOU!! You can't get rid of me yet!

Yep you read it right folks!! My short time in Bergen is coming to an end. Moves call was yesterday and I will be going BACK TO TROMSØ! That was a surprise for sure! At least in my mission it is not common or normal for someone to go back to an area that they have already served in! I will be going to finish training Søster Bender. (Søster House was training her this transfer and now I am going up there to finish training her! How lucky is she!? She got me and Sister House as her 'moms'!) They are also taking out the Elders up there, so it will be just me and Søster Bender and the senior couple and our little branch.  That is going to be an adventure for sure!!

I have many mixed feelings about going back, especially considering the new circumstances, but I have faith and trust in the Lord! If I am going back, He must need me there!

(Insert from Mom)
It will be interesting while back in Tromsø.  The time for the Northern Lights has most likely ended and Søster Peterson will be entering the season of the “Midnight Sun.”  The term "midnight sun" refers to the phenomenon of 24 consecutive hours of sunlight north of the Arctic Circle or south of the Antarctic Circle.  The sun remains visible at the local midnight. Around the summer solstice (approximately June 21 in the north and December 22 in the south) the sun is visible for the full 24 hours, given fair weather.  In Svalbard, Norway, the northernmost inhabited region of Europe, there is no sunset from approximately 19 April to 23 August. This picture of the Midnight Sun was taken in Alta, Norway. (North of Tromsø.) 

NEW ADDRESS!!!!
Søster Jordan Peterson
Storgata 12B
9008 Tromsø
Norway


This week was kind of a blur!! I don't have too much to say especially since yesterday was Mother's Day and I feel like I told my family everything already!  I do have to say, I will miss the city of Bergen, my companion and all the great people I have met here in Bergen.
Ayla and Me!!

The Bybane Stop

My House!


Wednesday we were able to help around the community and pick up trash and do Mormon Helping Hands!! I was so excited and not gonna lie I was way excited to wear the vests too! It was fun to be able to see people watching us and trying to figure out what we were doing and who we were.

Thursday we visited with Frank and Maybritt.  They are awesome!  We had a good talk about making a plan to get them to the temple at the end of the year.

Saturday, A lady in the ward got married at the church, and we were able to attend! It was so beautiful! It was so cool and made me think of all my friends who are getting married! It was really neat because it was all in Norwegian!

Søster J and I met a man on the street who was a miracle!!! We really wanted to find a new investigator and teach someone on the street. A man who was doing some sale thing on the street tried to talk to us and we told him we weren't interested and explained we were missionaries and began to make small talk. Than out of nowhere he goes I get off work in 20 minutes can we meet after? Søster J and I were like yes!! So we met with him and taught him and it was so cool!! He asked way awesome questions are we were able to explain and talk about the Book of Mormon.
 
Søster J and I *Heart Attacked* Sister Allphin, the senior couple's door for Mother's Day! Søster J and I couldn't decorate for our own moms and she was the best thing we have to a mom! I love the Allpins they are the best!! I am so sad to leave them!
 
Søster J and I had an appointment with a man from our area book who was a former. We met with him and turned out he was Romanian and spoke no English or Norwegian.... So we ended up having to go back and forth on google translate! That was interesting.... We ended up calling missionaries in Romania and will skype with them next time we teach him. What a relief!

MOTHER*S DAY WAS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!! BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!! Man oh man did Sunday seem to take forever!! I could not wait to skype my family!! That was the best thing ever!! I am so happy I could see and talk to everyone! I am so grateful for my family and their unconditional love and support!! They are the best!
Jordan's Tidbits:
- I have never ever liked watermelon before. I have tried it multiple times in the past, but never liked it! and then this week I tried some and fell in love!!! Who would have thunk!?
- It is beginning to be sunny in the mornings so we have been going onto the balcony to do studies! That is way nice!

- Started my #6 planner! Which is my halfway planner! I will have 12 on my mission! Can't believe this upcoming transfer I will hit my halfway mark!

-Check out my comfy missionary shoes!!  YES - I am wearing nylons!!! YUCK!
- When you email me, I would really love to see pics!

- Really sad I won't be in Bergen for the 17th of Mai (Norway’s Independence Day) because Bergen is the place to be for that! However I look forward to partying it up in Tromsø!

- We found a giant bunny and climbed it! That was a struggle!!! Ironic how the bus stop that the bunny is on is called hop! hahaha

Åndelig Tanker:
- By small means the Lord can bring about GREAT things!

- When life gets good many tend to forget the Lord and His hand in it all. Are you like that? Always remember to give thanks to the Lord in the small and big things!

- Life is about moments of impacts and how they change our lives forever!

-If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat!
I love my CTR ring!!
 
Glad i dere! Ha en fin uke!!! (Do something different this week!)
xoxo
Søster Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment